!!

Have You Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
'Tank' and The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 195177 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #2775 on: July 21, 2022, 12:30:55 PM »
Glad all went okay Mick, you seem to have been well looked after.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2776 on: July 21, 2022, 12:34:57 PM »
Plenty of rest mick. You will soon be up working in Kimbolted and hope you have plenty to read

Offline Nbodger

• N Gauge Society Number: 8788
    • Awards
« Reply #2777 on: July 21, 2022, 12:36:36 PM »
Glad everything went well for you Mick, more scratching over the next month, where the hell did they shave you so enthusiastically.

Take it easy

Best Wishes
Mike H

Offline zwilnik

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
« Reply #2778 on: July 21, 2022, 12:42:43 PM »
Glad to hear it went well Mick. As a person of hirsuteness myself, I feel your pain/itch :)

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #2779 on: July 21, 2022, 12:53:25 PM »
Thereís nothing much you can do to stop the hair growing back. I had to wear an ECG for 72 hours and needed an extensive shave. I had to be careful which polo shirts I put on as some caught the fledgling hairs and made them itch more. Glad the procedure went well and youíre good to go for a few more years.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Offline Papyrus

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
« Reply #2780 on: July 21, 2022, 02:10:26 PM »
Good to hear that it all went well. I'm sure that Blackpool is very nice at this time of year for a mid-week break.

Take it easy for a few days and keep playing trains.

All the best,

Chris

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2781 on: July 21, 2022, 07:10:11 PM »
Great news that all went according to plan Mick.
You seem to have been well looked after.
Letís hope that after a few days rest youíll be back to normal.

Cheers
Martin
Iíll get round to fixing it drekkly me Ďansome.

Offline Graham

• N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #2782 on: July 21, 2022, 11:14:48 PM »
good to hear all went well,
cheers
Graham

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #2783 on: July 22, 2022, 10:59:11 AM »
Pleased everything went well for you Mick, will see you at the Wigan show. I was getting worried ordered my ticket and still not received it, apparently they send them out in batches nearer to the time.

Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Offline stevewalker

• N Gauge Society Number: 29704
    • Awards
« Reply #2784 on: July 22, 2022, 07:58:36 PM »
Well, we've had some entertainment here.

At about 17:30, we had an ASDA delivery. The driver has since told me that their company rules are that the van must remain fully in sight at all times, except when delivering to flats and if it must be parked facing the wrong way, it should be parked so that no cars can pass to avoid them being hit by a passing car when accessing the side doors.

Anyway, he delivered two crates and went back for the other two, when a large, black, 4x4 appeared and the driver started telling him to move. We are on a residential road, not a main road and he only needed to get the two crates together. He tried to explain that he'd only be two minutes and she started shouting. Then her daughter appeared and started having a go. I went to the end of the drive to suggest that she either wait a couple of minutes or go through the next road. At that point her male passenger jumped out and tried to assault the delivery driver, but thought better of it when the driver took a swing at him in self-defence (and missed) and the woman started turning her car around and shouting that the van had CCTV (whereupon the passenger put his hood up) and for them to get back in the car.

In the midst of turning, she jumped out to shout again, leaving her car in drive and having it hit my car! I tried to get my camera on on my phone, but was too slow. Then she drove off, but I had memorised her registration.

About 90 minutes later, I saw her outside and went out. She was very apologetic and had already left her phone number under my wiper, but too late, the ASDA driver had reported them to the police for assault and I'd spoken to them on the same call about her leaving the scene of an accident.

The insurance company can chase her about the repairs.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 08:01:46 PM by stevewalker »

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2785 on: July 22, 2022, 08:02:35 PM »
What entertainment steve

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Up we go, oh yeah!
    • Awards
« Reply #2786 on: July 23, 2022, 05:31:16 AM »
Just caught up with this, Mick. Glad it all went well!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline stevewalker

• N Gauge Society Number: 29704
    • Awards
« Reply #2787 on: July 29, 2022, 09:03:59 PM »
Well, we've had some entertainment here.

At about 17:30, we had an ASDA delivery. The driver has since told me that their company rules are that the van must remain fully in sight at all times, except when delivering to flats and if it must be parked facing the wrong way, it should be parked so that no cars can pass to avoid them being hit by a passing car when accessing the side doors.

Anyway, he delivered two crates and went back for the other two, when a large, black, 4x4 appeared and the driver started telling him to move. We are on a residential road, not a main road and he only needed to get the two crates together. He tried to explain that he'd only be two minutes and she started shouting. Then her daughter appeared and started having a go. I went to the end of the drive to suggest that she either wait a couple of minutes or go through the next road. At that point her male passenger jumped out and tried to assault the delivery driver, but thought better of it when the driver took a swing at him in self-defence (and missed) and the woman started turning her car around and shouting that the van had CCTV (whereupon the passenger put his hood up) and for them to get back in the car.

In the midst of turning, she jumped out to shout again, leaving her car in drive and having it hit my car! I tried to get my camera on on my phone, but was too slow. Then she drove off, but I had memorised her registration.

About 90 minutes later, I saw her outside and went out. She was very apologetic and had already left her phone number under my wiper, but too late, the ASDA driver had reported them to the police for assault and I'd spoken to them on the same call about her leaving the scene of an accident.

The insurance company can chase her about the repairs.

Some further information - it's with the insurance companies now and the police are not taking it further, because she came back. However, we have since found out that she is the headmistress of a primary school! What chance have the kids got with staff like that?

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £40.00
Site Currency: GBP
33% 
August Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal