My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Fine, thanks, Chris. New grandchild due anytime in Adelaide.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

We are all thinking of your daughter, you,Anne. Hope all goes well.

Train Waiting

Quote from: Bealman on February 16, 2022, 11:31:20 PM

Bin night last night.... don't you think we have pretty bins, though.

These bins are very nice indeed and agreeably vertical.

Unlike here!  After a breezy evening and night, there are lots of horizontal bins hereabouts.  And their contents are widely distributed.  No-one seems to have invented a clip lid for wheelie bins.

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

port perran

Quote from: Train Waiting on February 17, 2022, 08:45:15 AM

Unlike here!  After a breezy evening and night, there are lots of horizontal bins hereabouts.  And their contents are widely distributed.  No-one seems to have invented a clip lid for wheelie bins.

Best wishes.

John
We're still in the dark ages. Black bin bags at the roadside tied at the top for us.
Trouble is, seagulls and foxes like to tear them open.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

weave

Don't you mean Orks and Goblins  :D  ;)

Jon898

Here it's most likely raccoons (the bandit masks kind of give them away):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJeaN-ye0eM

Jon

grumbeast

Ha Ha, no.... the UFOs are still buzzing around, but I haven't been abducted yet.  ;D

Oooh Dear..  Around here you would not have appeased the bin gods!.. you have stuff sticking out the green bin.  We get a nasty letter and they sometimes don't take it if there'S stuff sticking out!

You can tell if you've appeased them if the automatic machine that empties them these days puts them back down vaguely in the same place you left them.  If they are displeased, they tend to fling them half way across the garden! :)

keithbythe sea

Quote from: port perran on February 17, 2022, 09:28:18 AM
Quote from: Train Waiting on February 17, 2022, 08:45:15 AM

Best wishes.

John
We're still in the dark ages. Black bin bags at the roadside tied at the top for us.
Trouble is, seagulls and foxes like to tear them open.

Cor blimey, I thought that New Forest District Council were the only place left still using black bags! Same problem here with seagulls.

When I enquired when we would be moving to the 20th century I was told that there was a consultation process in progress. What they have to consult about and when it will end is a complete mystery.  :veryangry:

Bealman

Well they'd better speed the consultations up.... we're in the 21st century now!  ;)

Malc

I painted the number 12 on my bin. My nextdoor neighbour asked me why, when I live at 24. I said there is a fair chance the bin men will leave it outside my house.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

railsquid

Here in sunny Japan we do not have such fancy things as "wheelie bins", instead we have a tenth share in a breezeblock-lined alcove outside the front door (as the house is in the middle of the street of 10 houses, ours was slightly cheaper because of this), into which we deposit our appropriately bagged refuse before about 8:24am on the appropriate day ("burnables" on Mondays and Thursdays, plastics and cardboard and Wednesdays, glass and PET bottles on Thursdays), and some time between 8:35 and 9:35am (depending on day and type of collection) the appropriate collection vehicle will come along and take it away for further processing, as appropriate.

Bealman

Geez, that's a lot to remember!  :worried:

Trainfish

Young people like me and Squiddy don't have a problem with poor memories Gary  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on February 20, 2022, 10:20:00 PM
Geez, that's a lot to remember!  :worried:

It's easy - there's a notice inside said alcove with all the details. The only tricky one is the non-burnable refuse, which is picked up on the first and third Fridays of each month, but not the fifth, should the month feature five of them.

Bealman

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations