Complete frustration with the N'Porium Listing Process

Started by Bob G, November 08, 2022, 09:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Yesterday I tried to list two locos I have for sale on EBay Advertising. Didn't work. @Railwaygun thought I was trying to list in the Nporium and needed a photo.

So today I reckoned that was a good idea. Went to list (with photo) and the Forum input form continued to reject my listings because I had omitted the price. I had not. Every element of the form was completed. I tried re-entering it. Added .00 to the price. Didn't work. I wasted 30 minutes trying to list two items. gave up.

Folk will have to go to EBay to see my sales. My patience has run out (it ran out a long time ago I think). I simply cannot work with anything that doesn't work smoothly these days.

I relisted the locos on EBay Advertising today. Seemed to work. So why is this forum so flaky for me when it comes to NPorium listings?

And don't tell me this message is not in the right part of the Forum or I shall scream and scream and scream until I am sick!

Bob

Newportnobby

Check out my trade count, Bob.
If I can do it, I'm damned sure you can :P

Oh, and I'm moving your post to the correct part of the forum, so scream away, old son :)

Bob G

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 08, 2022, 10:00:46 AM
Check out my trade count, Bob.
If I can do it, I'm damned sure you can :P

Oh, and I'm moving your post to the correct part of the forum, so scream away, old son :)

:o  :thumbsdown:  :sick:

Bob G

Is this some version of the N'Porium Helpline that I have just stumbled across. I don't think so  :no:

NGS-PO

Can you point us towards your ebay listings?

Best

Scott.
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Papyrus

I had a similar problem a while back and got a very helpful reply. Don't know whether it helps with your difficulty, @Bob G but here it is for what it's worth.

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52917.0

Cheers,

Chris

Bob G

Quote from: NGS-PO on November 08, 2022, 11:07:24 AM

Best

Scott.

LOL I thought I had!!!!!!

They both start with BLACK FRIDAY BLACK LOCO SALE as a title.

One is a Farish China production BR Black early crest 2-6-2T 61xx ex GW prairie tank. MIB. £60. 25% off.
The other is a Dapol BR Black early crest Schools class 4-4-0 Shrewsbury BNIB. £100. approx 20% off.

When I say they are good they are good. I'm not reducing the prices any more than they are at now. I know folk want a bargain and this is as good as I can do.

I'm selling these (1) as I have way too much stock and (2) I have just bought two Farish N class 2-6-0s to convert to a U and a U1 2-6-0 using @Highland Handlebar 's 3D prints, which were CAD designed by Newman Miniatures and printed by @Snowwolflair

So replacing two black southern(ish) locos with two different black southern locos, basically!

Bob

Bob G

Quote from: Papyrus on November 08, 2022, 11:35:58 AM
I had a similar problem a while back and got a very helpful reply. Don't know whether it helps with your difficulty, @Bob G but here it is for what it's worth.

Cheers,

Chris

I bet that was the problem. I will try again.
Big thanks @Papyrus and little thanks to the @Newportnobby helpdesk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob G on November 08, 2022, 12:28:05 PM
Quote from: Papyrus on November 08, 2022, 11:35:58 AM

Cheers,

Chris

I bet that was the problem. I will try again.
Big thanks @Papyrus and little thanks to the @Newportnobby helpdesk

See me afterwards to be tweaked in the Zoom  >:D

Bob G

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 08, 2022, 12:34:19 PM
See me afterwards to be tweaked in the Zoom  >:D

I did it thanks to @Papyrus . I didn't need the Moderator's emojis suggesting I might   :-*  someone's :moony:

:welcomesign:

Bob G

Quote from: NGS-PO on November 08, 2022, 11:07:24 AM

Best

Scott.

Now listed on the NPorium as well. Unless that breaks the rules and I get struck off.

Bob

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

east anglian

Gave  up  years   ago,  I  now  put  them  direct   on   E  Bay, 

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations