what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

I have needed a bit of cheering up this week (details in the unhappy thread) and music often works for me. I just came across this band. I had never heard of them before this morning but now I can't stop listening to them. I have also ordered a CD. If you like Led Zep, Rush, rock in general you're gonna love this. 3 brothers and a drummer. All in their early 20s  :thumbsup:

EDIT: I just ordered another CD of theirs  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

For me, the best of Jethro Tull's live albums "Bursting Out".
Great music, musicianship and humour.

port perran

Martin Wasilewski Trio with a cover of the Prince classic "Diamonds and pearls"
Nice bit of keyboard jazz.
The sound on this clip isn't the greatest so if you have Spotify give it a proper listen:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=RD9FsJQxiSERc
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

talisman56

Brilliant - and I sat through the next half-dozen in the playlist, too.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

Listening to the CD but this is from it  :thumbsup:

I think NewportNobby has posted it before but it doesn't stop me doing so too  :D
John

<*))))><

Trainfish

Kid Jensen's fab 45s 1970-1979 downloaded from Sky+ Just played Lindisfarne. Already had Bowie, Lou Reed, Wizzard etc etc  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Apart from their local following I reckon Lindisfarne were hugely under rated :(

My current 'earworm' is Echoes from Floyds Meddle

Trainfish

I agree regarding Lindisfarne but then it was often like that back then (according to my dad). I think there were a lot more 'cult' bands as such who weren't interested in getting into the top 20 etc, they just enjoyed what they did and didn't promote themselves like they do today.

I'm not listening to anything in case I miss the sound of the postman delivering my Megapoints servo controllers which have been upgraded  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

port perran

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 13, 2021, 09:59:51 AM
Apart from their local following I reckon Lindisfarne were hugely under rated :(

My current 'earworm' is Echoes from Floyds Meddle
One of the best bands I saw live (Lindisfarne that is not Pink Floyd) - especially around their Fog on the Tyne era.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

Trainfish

We haven't had Toyah on here for a while so here goes. I don't care that she has ruined a classic (in my mind) either as I wasn't really listening to be honest  :P

John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations