what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip.

Trainfish

Out of interest, when people post on this thread are they usually listening to their own music or YouTube? 99% of the time I'm listening to my own including this one.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

weave

Hi John,

You did ask so...

Train room - CDs but not many to choose from as most are in my van.

On computer (which is downstairs) - Youtube with headphones on as the good lady is working from home or watching TV.

When she's out walking the dogs - Alexa and LOUD!!!  :headbang: Sod the neighbours. Think they're deaf anyway  :).

PS. I mean Alexa the music machine thingy in case it's the name of a band  ;)

Trainfish

I did indeed ask. I may be old fashioned but I do like to have the actual CD/vinyl etc in my possession rather than a download. There are exceptions to this though.

In the loft I tend to listen to either Planet Rock or the many downloads I have on Sky Q. Most of which I have the CD and/or DVD too.
    Downstairs it's either the stereo, Planet Rock on TV or a CD in the PC.
    On the patio (speakers on garage external wall) it comes via a USB stick which I copy from my iTunes beforehand.
    Shower, using my iPod, again from iTunes.
    Car, either Planet Rock or a USB stick as above.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Invariably I play my own music, via iPod + dock, stack system with 6CD multiplay or maybe on my laptop via iTunes. Car has my iTunes library on a USB.
I do like crescendos - things like
Yes - Starship Trooper
Steve Hackett - Shadow of the Hierophant
King Crimson - Epitaph
Renaissance - Ashes are burning (currently playing)
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

They gives me goosebumps :)

port perran

I listen almost exclusively via Spotify.
All my CDs and vinyl are in the loft. It's probably 10 years since I played any of them.
Much of my listening involves music that is new to me. I do listen to some old/familiar stuff but to me the beauty of Spotify is that it allows you to search out new artists based on something that you currently enjoy.
It's all down to personal preference of course.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Trainfish

Quote from: port perran on October 02, 2020, 12:48:22 PM
I listen almost exclusively via Spotify.
Much of my listening involves music that is new to me. I do listen to some old/familiar stuff but to me the beauty of Spotify is that it allows you to search out new artists based on something that you currently enjoy.

I don't use Spotify but sort of along the lines of what you say I listen to music posted on this thread and if I like it I go and look for a CD on eBay etc
John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

I rarely watch YouTube owing to the constant rubbish buffering I get

port perran

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 02, 2020, 12:46:53 PM

I do like crescendos - things like
Yes - Starship Trooper
Steve Hackett - Shadow of the Hierophant
King Crimson - Epitaph
Renaissance - Ashes are burning (currently playing)
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

They gives me goosebumps :)

If you like crescendos you might give this a try if you don't already know it.
McDonald & Giles were part of the original King Crimson line up (one of my favourite bands when I were a lad - saw them at least six times).
I suggest skipping forward to approx 39:10 if you just want the crescendo bit.

https://youtu.be/XoV1iNQnUXo

Trainfish

I just listened to the whole lot and was impressed. £3.86 on eBay  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

port perran

Quote from: Trainfish on October 02, 2020, 02:34:28 PM
I just listened to the whole lot and was impressed. £3.86 on eBay  :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed it.
I have the vinyl up in the roof.

Trainfish

Apart from the train set I tend to keep quiet about what I have in the loft  :o

This followed on from McDonald & Giles for some reason. That's it now, Floyd for the rest of the day  :thumbsup:

John

<*))))><

Bob Tidbury

The SNOW WHITE ROWS OF ARLINGTON by RUMER .
From her new CD Nashville Tears .
Bob Tidbury

port perran

Quote from: Trainfish on October 02, 2020, 03:12:06 PM
Apart from the train set I tend to keep quiet about what I have in the loft  :o

This followed on from McDonald & Giles for some reason. That's it now, Floyd for the rest of the day  :thumbsup:

That was an inspirational album.

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations