what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acook, Moonglum, Snowwolflair and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

nightfly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avINkychVpc
Duke Ellington at Newport, with Paul Gonsalves doing 27 choruses on the sax, starting at around 3:45. Perhaps the most important single jazz performance recorded. It revived big band jazz for the Duke & co for another decade or so.
The Shinkansen Nozomi 500 series; perhaps the most beautiful train in the world. (see avatar pic).

Bealman

Quote from: newportnobby on December 10, 2015, 09:03:19 PM
If anyone remembers the BBC series 'The Edge of Darkness', I'm listening to the 12" 45rpm soundtrack by Eric Clapton and Michael Kamen - spooky stuff :)
I do indeed remember that series.... so much better than the pathetic movie remake from a few years ago starring Mel Gibson.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Bealman on December 13, 2015, 03:50:51 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on December 10, 2015, 09:03:19 PM
If anyone remembers the BBC series 'The Edge of Darkness', I'm listening to the 12" 45rpm soundtrack by Eric Clapton and Michael Kamen - spooky stuff :)
I do indeed remember that series.... so much better than the pathetic movie remake from a few years ago starring Mel Gibson.

Mrs "H" acquired this on DVD last year, still packs a punch.  Yes the original BBC version from 1985.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Dorsetmike

Concerto Grosso in B minor by William Boyce.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Mirrlees

Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Trainfish

Heroes by Bowie. Another Hero of mine  :thumbsup:

On my newly discovered channel 369, Vintage TV
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

JasonBz

Kid Rock and Hank Williams Jr
Redneck Paradise

One of my more favoured tunes :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HPfmvaWRw

JohnChell

This is really odd, I've just started with model railways, now I discover that there is a greater degree of knowledge about rock music amongst N Gauge modellers that there is amongst most bikers I know.

Here is one for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54H3EUAzpVg

JohnChell

Looks like this will only play if you click on the YouTube logo in the bottom right of the pic

marco neri

:hellosign:
RAMONES - R'n'r High School
PAIN OF SALVATION - Linoleum (seen on stage last 15th in RoME)

Marco

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Newportnobby

Quote from: JohnChell on December 15, 2015, 06:14:45 PM
Looks like this will only play if you click on the YouTube logo in the bottom right of the pic

Cripes! I saw them donkeys years ago, as I did the group I'm listening to at present.......Focus.
Hocus Pocus at volume 11 just for the neighbours >:D

JohnChell

You'll not get to see Budgie again, Burke Shelley can no longer sing & play at the same time due to illness.

Trainfish

Quote from: newportnobby on December 15, 2015, 07:17:41 PM

Cripes! I saw them donkeys years ago, as I did the group I'm listening to at present.......Focus.

I saw Focus twice last year and the barmaid from my local was the supporting act for the first gig!  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on December 16, 2015, 12:14:01 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on December 15, 2015, 07:17:41 PM

I saw Focus twice last year and the barmaid from my local was the supporting act for the first gig!  :goggleeyes:

I guess the stage must have been quite cluttered with all the zimmer frames etc, John ;)

port perran

I too saw Focus but........44 years ago !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations