Oh Dear  :doh:

The most believable of train crashes will appear in Hollyoakes very soon  :o

We have lift off....

Could you flip a 14 at 25MPH ?

86259 comes for a closer look

Then it blows up!!

Must have been converted to run on LPG  :D

Sprintex

It's TV-land where cars, trains and everything else falls over and explodes at the drop of a hat ::) :no:

A point much parodied on The Simpsons ;D

Paul

Bealman

But it's a Class 14 by the looks of it!!! Arghh!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Sipat

I don't watch it but....
The explosion was caused by a leaking gas cylinder from the bar on the train I believe. The 14 was a full size mock up built for the show and is suprisingly realistic (even has rivet detail, and no I didn't count them) The first pic is a blatent photoshop promo pic, the actual moment of impact was I understand live action with very little CG used
Worth watching the first 5 minutes of the show tonight on C4

BernardTPM

To paraphrase HHGTTG
"Have you any idea how much damage that Class 14 would suffer if I just let it roll straight over your Mini?"
"None at all"

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on November 12, 2014, 11:18:24 AM
Oh Dear  :doh:

The most believable of train crashes will appear in Hollyoakes very soon  :o

The TV programme has no 'e' in Hollyoake - unlike my surname :P

Trainfish

2nd picture doesn't show up for me but are the 1st and 3rd pictures of the same loco?  Loco in the 1st picture seems to be heavily weathered on the buffer beam with a coupling hook (or whatever it's called) whereas both are missing on the 3rd picture.

There's no 'e' in my surname either  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

GrahamB

Mini vs class 14 and the mini wins? :goggleeyes:

I must go and buy a mini straight away!
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

bluedepot

why did they choose a class 14???

a 47 and 57 would have been more believable I think...

tim

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: BernardTPM on November 12, 2014, 02:07:53 PM
To paraphrase HHGTTG
"Have you any idea how much damage that Class 14 would suffer if I just let it roll straight over your Mini?"
"None at all"

Perhaps the 14 was being driven by Vogons.  Ok it was just the Guys building the bypass.   :beers:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Komata

In view of the 'terrible' pollution and massive carbon emissions that the explosion and subsequent fire caused, one has to ask, did any 'green' protesters' turn up on the site (in their cars, naturally), to rail (I know, unintentional pun) against the event?

(And if not, why not, since such individuals seem to become 'offended' very easily on the 'environment's' behalf)?

Just wondering (in a caring way, of course) ....
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

OwL

Quote from: bluedepot on November 12, 2014, 07:21:09 PM
why did they choose a class 14???

a 47 and 57 would have been more believable I think...

tim

Don't worry about the train being believeable it's the cast's so called acting skills I find hard to believe. Don't mind the young female actors in the show so much though............... :angel:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations