Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q, Papyrus and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

RailGooner

Quote from: Trainfish on April 25, 2024, 12:11:00 AMBeen told today that my job is to be made redundant. There is a remote possibility that another position may be available to apply for but I don't hold out too much hope for that or even the future of the company to be honest. I hope it's sunny in June so I can do stuff in the garden.

Been through the same twice in the past decade. It's been a rocky few years and particularly stressful on MBH, but we're in a good place now - touch wood. John, I hope you can find a positive outcome in quick time and with minimal stress.

Malc

I had to apply for my own job 3 times. Third time unlucky, so I took the money and ran. Went contracting- the best thing I ever did. No more company politics to deal with. Do the job and move on.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

njee20

I managed to get made redundant five times before I was 33. Two jobs I got made redundant from before I even started, which must be a record.

It's cliched but it's always worked out for the better for me, a couple of big pivots in industry, but the opportunities have always worked out for the better. I actually weighed up whether to take redundancy again a couple of weeks ago, the job market is good at the moment, it's a tempting proposition! Sure you'll find something befitting. 

Papyrus

Gutted.  :(

Just gutted.  :(  :(  :(

The first time since God was a boy that the Aurora Borealis has been visible in deepest Sussex AND WE MISSED IT!! Mrs P and I have never seen it and Friday night would have been our best chance but we were tucked up in bed as usual. It wasn't till the next morning when a neighbour started sharing photos of the event that we realised what we had missed. We stayed up last night but of course nothing happened. The sun is very active at the moment so we hope the chance comes again, but we're not holding our breath.

Bother, bother, bother.

Not 'appy.

Not 'appy at all.

Chris

Trainfish

I've got man flu  :*(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

@Papyrus
Same situation with me. Evidently great displays over Lancashire Friday which I missed but last night's potential repeat just didn't happen :*(

zwilnik

Quote from: Newportnobby on Today at 03:03:42 PM@Papyrus
Same situation with me. Evidently great displays over Lancashire Friday which I missed but last night's potential repeat just didn't happen :*(

It just means you're both most likely to be running the world when the Triffids attack.
(won't be me, I managed to get photos of it in the south of Spain it was so big a storm)

Jollybob

Quote from: Papyrus on Today at 01:58:01 PMGutted.  :(

The first time since God was a boy that the Aurora Borealis has been visible in deepest Sussex AND WE MISSED IT!! Mrs P and I have never seen it and Friday night would have been our best chance but we were tucked up in bed as usual. It wasn't till the next morning when a neighbour started sharing photos of the event that we realised what we had missed. We stayed up last night but of course nothing happened. The sun is very active at the moment so we hope the chance comes again, but we're not holding our breath.

Bother, bother, bother.

Not 'appy.

Not 'appy at all.

Chris

Your not the only one. I work the night shift and was outside all night in Gloucestershire. I even went looking for it. Didn't see a thing.
I was already having a bad night because of a computer glitch at work, I missed a career changing opportunity.
They say bad comes in three. That's two, just waiting for the third one now.

Rob.

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Papyrus on Today at 01:58:01 PMGutted.  :(

Bother, bother, bother.

Not 'appy.

Not 'appy at all.

Chris

@Papyrus
@Jollybob
@Newportnobby
You can reduce the chance of that happening again by installing the Aurora App on a phone or tablet. I have been using it for a couple of years now and it has alerted me to possibilities of seeing Aurora Borealis several times and delayed me going to bed. On Friday night I was also able to alert a friend in Oklahoma that it could be visible in her area. And it was! Just check out how far south Tulsa is and that is very,very rarely a sighting area, so most people would not even be expecting it.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations