My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

What me? Trying to wind someone up?  :smiley-laughing:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Nite nite, John, Merry Christmas.  ;) :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Have a good one George and don't have nightmares about the antelopes  :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

It's not the antelopes that worry me, it's the red nosed reindeer  :uneasy:

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

Bealman

Spotted in a local suburb this morning.....

Hope he's not in a hurry to go anywhere!  :uneasy:

RailGooner

Quote from: Bealman on December 30, 2021, 05:22:07 AM
Spotted in a local suburb this morning.....

Hope he's not in a hurry to go anywhere!  :uneasy:

Looks like they were in no hurry to stop!  :doh:

Trainfish

Do you not have underground cables in Oz?
John

<*))))><

railsquid

Quote from: Trainfish on December 30, 2021, 11:33:17 AM

The cables in the picture hold up the very thin nets which catch people when they fall off Australia.

Papyrus

I thought they were anti-UFO defences.

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

Quote from: Papyrus on December 30, 2021, 11:53:02 AM
I thought they were anti-UFO defences.

They seem to work as I can see no UFO's thereabouts. Maybe they ought to get something similar at the club.  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

I think I can see an alien in that car  :goggleeyes:
John

<*))))><

Graham

all the new areas have the cables underground, all the older area's (pre 1980 for Victoria) everything is above ground.

Platy767

Quote from: Graham on December 30, 2021, 09:43:13 PM
all the new areas have the cables underground, all the older area's (pre 1980 for Victoria) everything is above ground.

My part of North Rocks (in North West Sydney) was built for veterans (I think for Dept Veterans Affairs) in 1974 and it has no overhead wires, but the older parts of North Rocks do have wires.

Bealman

Yes, we do, mainly from the early eighties onwards. For example, Chez Bealman was built in 1980 and has underground power. However, at the top of the hill down to the main road, the older part of the street, there are power poles.

That smashed car is in one of the older suburbs. Wollongong is a steel town, and you can make out the steelworks in the background.

When I first arrived in Australia, I found the poles jarring to the eye, but all these years later, they're just part of the landscape. I don't even notice them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations