Dapol (re)announce HST Protype train - open for pre-orders

Started by NGS-PO, September 08, 2018, 01:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Quote from: CaleyDave on August 26, 2020, 02:44:54 PM

Bob is correct from what I have seen.

A key bit of information I have seen in books but never sourced and always in passing which makes a lot of sense is that the first 3 mk3's built were not for the hst program but just as prototype loco hauled stock.
As the hst was originally loco and stock they ordered 7 additional prototype coaches to allow a full train (the tsb and ruk being delayed due to changes including improvements to the window surrounds) When the hst became a dmu it gained 1 redundant prototype allowing 8 cars during ecml testing and the other 2 became royals as they were no longer required.

Construction of The mk3A SO/FO ordered for the west coast mainline were constructed first and were closer to the prototype than the hst mk3 which underwent greater testing and improvements some of which relied on the new electrical system and others found there way into later mk3A and the mk3b builds.

Makes sense as something else I've seen is that some/all of the prototype HST coach rake had buffers. I hope that Dapol have got that right (my toys minus power cars have gone to be wrapped in Birthday wrapping paper so I can't check)

Bob

CaleyDave

Quote from: Bob G on August 26, 2020, 03:19:14 PM
Quote from: CaleyDave on August 26, 2020, 02:44:54 PM

Bob is correct from what I have seen.

A key bit of information I have seen in books but never sourced and always in passing which makes a lot of sense is that the first 3 mk3's built were not for the hst program but just as prototype loco hauled stock.
As the hst was originally loco and stock they ordered 7 additional prototype coaches to allow a full train (the tsb and ruk being delayed due to changes including improvements to the window surrounds) When the hst became a dmu it gained 1 redundant prototype allowing 8 cars during ecml testing and the other 2 became royals as they were no longer required.

Construction of The mk3A SO/FO ordered for the west coast mainline were constructed first and were closer to the prototype than the hst mk3 which underwent greater testing and improvements some of which relied on the new electrical system and others found there way into later mk3A and the mk3b builds.

Makes sense as something else I've seen is that some/all of the prototype HST coach rake had buffers. I hope that Dapol have got that right (my toys minus power cars have gone to be wrapped in Birthday wrapping paper so I can't check)

Bob

Yes all should have buffers.
I have paid my dues so will post up when they arrive unless anyone beats me to it.

PaulCheffus

Hi

Mine has actually been delivered now by Royal Mail. It's unusual for us to get two deliveries in a day but it would appear they have split the letters and parcels today.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

njee20

Larger parcels are rarely carried by the 'postie on his rounds' as they'd have no space for all the 'normal' letters.

Gordon D

I have just received the follow up phone call from Dapol regarding my order.

I took the opportunity to raise the problem regarding the shipment of 'wrong' power cars.

Dapol are aware of this issue and have posted a message on their web site in the latest news section.

In case the URL does not work, I have posted a copy below.

https://www.dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=blog/post&post_id=218

"It has come to our attention that an Technical error in our sales ordering software has caused problems with the first shipments of our new HST-P driving cars.

Customers may have been invoiced and received 2D-027-002 instead of the 2D-027-001 ordered. As soon as this was identified we made the necessary changes to prevent this affecting future deliveries.

Please except our apologises for this and the subsequent inconvenience caused, and we hope it does not detract too much from your enjoyment of the model.

If you are concerned please contact our staff who would be happy to help."

PaulCheffus

Quote from: njee20 on August 26, 2020, 05:57:55 PM
Larger parcels are rarely carried by the 'postie on his rounds' as they'd have no space for all the 'normal' letters.

Hi

Not in rural Lincolnshire, they normally come together and it's quite rare for us to get two deliveries in a day. Should also have mentioned my order was only for a pair of power cars so not a large parcel.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Trainfish

Quote from: Gordon D on August 26, 2020, 06:05:36 PM

Please except our apologises for this ..........................

Does this mean we don't have to accept their apologies? Sorry but I do think a business like this should know the difference between these 2 words.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bob G

Apologies if I am uploading this photo and it needs an acknowledgement - as I don't know where I got it from, but it is a great reminder about just how advanced looking this loco was at the time.

252001 and split box Peak no 19 at Swindon in 1974. And I have a split box peak courtesy of Mercig no less....

Best regards
Bob

koyli55002

Quote from: Trainfish on August 26, 2020, 08:39:31 PM
Quote from: Gordon D on August 26, 2020, 06:05:36 PM

Please except our apologises for this ..........................

Does this mean we don't have to accept their apologies? Sorry but I do think a business like this should know the difference between these 2 words.
I agree with you 100%...but such is by no means unusual. Worst example I saw was the video information screen at a sports centre run by the local council. Of the fifteen pages displayed in turn on the screen, all had either spelling, grammar or syntax errors (Weather instead of whether, etc.) Worst page hasd ten errors in just eight lines of text ! The trouble is, of course, that "spell check" only tells you whether the word as it has been spelt exists in the inbuilt dictionary...not whether or not it has been used in the correct context

GWR-Kris

Got mine today and surprised to find it correct. What formation did this run in?

Bob G

Quote from: GWR-Kris on August 27, 2020, 10:50:08 AM
Got mine today and surprised to find it correct. What formation did this run in?

See my post #150 above.

Still waiting for the right power cars....
Bob

GWR-Kris

Quote from: Bob G on August 27, 2020, 11:01:15 AM
Quote from: GWR-Kris on August 27, 2020, 10:50:08 AM

See my post #150 above.

Still waiting for the right power cars....
Bob

Cheers Bob so thats a bit rubbish having to spend 120quid to get the correct formation

SteveS1967

Has anyone noticed the Inter City logo  is on the wrong end on one side of the MK3's ?

GWR-Kris

Quote from: SteveS1967 on August 27, 2020, 11:33:09 AM
Has anyone noticed the Inter City logo  is on the wrong end on one side of the MK3's ?

Just checked my box of 4 coaches the intercity on mine is at the one end rather thank opposites

Trainfish

I got out of bed early (for me) this morning knowing that my HST-P was being delivered today. Went into town as it's market day, bought loads, got home, put stuff in freezer, made breakfast, came on here, checked emails and saw this in my inbox:

I could have stayed in bed  :'(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations