I got all my locos and rolling stock into one drawer

Started by mca0004, April 23, 2022, 08:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mca0004

I just thought I'd share this satisfying photo I took after I rearranged some things and got all my loco and rolling stock into one drawer. Before this they were just sort of floating around in my room.

joe cassidy

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

geofff

Quote from: mca0004 on April 23, 2022, 08:44:37 AM
I just thought I'd share this satisfying photo I took after I rearranged some things and got all my loco and rolling stock into one drawer.

My layout is in the loft and it is a tad dusty up there.  Do you put the models away after a running session?

Regards

Geoff

mca0004

Quote from: geofff on April 23, 2022, 09:22:12 AM

My layout is in the loft and it is a tad dusty up there.  Do you put the models away after a running session?

Regards

Geoff
My layout isn't complete yet, so I don't run it that often, so my trains usually only run on Thursdays at my club. Therefore; it's better to keep them stored in thier boxes safe and sound for the most part.

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 23, 2022, 08:53:04 AM
I could do that but the drawer would have to be enormous!

I don't keep mine in my drawers   :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Moria

I just thought I’d share this satisfying photo I took after I rearranged some things and got all my loco and rolling stock into one drawer. Before this they were just sort of floating around in my room.

Give it a few more years and you will have a couple of these for storage on wheels so you can actually move them, all of which, in my case, fit under the layout and can have a curtain pulled over them...  it's the only way I could get access to having a layout in the living room from the better half who insisted that the total size of the layout included the storage, which is one of the reasons the layout is quite high off the ground :)

I have 2 of these.. one for stock,  one for scenic items and projects underway.  Each project fits in a drawer and can be lifted out to work on and then replaced when working time is over.

Graham
It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done.

Currently packing all my model railway stuff for my move to Canada in April when a whole new chapter starts in Modelling.

exmouthcraig

Quote from: Trainfish on April 23, 2022, 10:54:11 AM

Youd need to wear a much bigger Tutu to cover them drawers  :no:

emjaybee

Quote from: Trainfish on April 23, 2022, 10:54:11 AM

Before you ask, no we don't want to see your drawers!

:worried:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Trainfish

If you look carefully you can probably see them in some of my pictures  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Chuffington

Quote from: Moria on April 23, 2022, 10:57:28 AM
I just thought I'd share this satisfying photo I took after I rearranged some things and got all my loco and rolling stock into one drawer. Before this they were just sort of floating around in my room.

Give it a few more years and you will have a couple of these for storage on wheels so you can actually move them, all of which, in my case, fit under the layout and can have a curtain pulled over them...  it's the only way I could get access to having a layout in the living room from the better half who insisted that the total size of the layout included the storage, which is one of the reasons the layout is quite high off the ground :)

I have 2 of these.. one for stock,  one for scenic items and projects underway.  Each project fits in a drawer and can be lifted out to work on and then replaced when working time is over.

Graham
Where did you get the drawer unit from ?
Looks really neat.

Moria

[/quote]
Where did you get the drawer unit from ?
Looks really neat.
[/quote]

I got them from Model Railway Solutions.  At the time, he was thinking about adding them as a standard thing, but I don't see them on their catalogue.

I have seen similar on white rose modelworks, but I would check to see if you can get wheels added.. they do get heavy when fully loaded :)

Graham
It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done.

Currently packing all my model railway stuff for my move to Canada in April when a whole new chapter starts in Modelling.

njee20

Fitting one's stock into a single drawer should not be an achievement. It should be seen as a woeful embarrassment, necessitating an immediate trawl of eBay.

Andy-S

Re the wheels, you can get some nice castor wheels from Screwfix for £2.99 each and fit yourself. I have put the 6 of the same on my layout, it. Is really easy to move it to get to things on the wall side now. Might need to attach some wood work on the bottom to screw them to, but not to difficult.
Might even get some drawers here too now, got plenty to fill them with.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations