The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Trainfish on December 21, 2020, 03:04:08 PM
:goggleeyes: Can it be spread over the telephone now? If so we're all doomed!

As long as the 5G masts are more than 2m apart I think we're safe :no:

Trainfish

In which case I'm going back to using this. Not much chance of this being capable of any G never mind 5G

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RailGooner

I'll be okay. I use call screening to filter incoming calls. :D

Newportnobby

Quote from: RailGooner on December 21, 2020, 03:23:49 PM

I'll be okay. I use call screening to filter incoming calls. :D

Are you speaking on your own behalf or your avatar's?

Trainfish

I really don't understand some peoples' choice of avatar  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Dorsetmike

Quote from: Trainfish on December 21, 2020, 04:30:57 PM
Well I think mine is appropriate, I'm like my avatar - a local ruin!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Dorsetmike

Quote from: Trainfish on December 21, 2020, 04:30:57 PM

Well I'm like my avatar - a local ruin
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

keerout

*a local ruin*...With a rather nice railway close by...  8)

guest311

:censored: Virgin media.

had parcels to send off monday for two members, when Virgin went down, so no phone, no internet, and even worse, no tv, so SWMBO was wingeing  :'(

so items all tested and packed monday when Virgin went down, and I couldn't access my messages to get their addresses.

initially 'we are having no problems in your postcode, are you plugged in ?' then the recording changed a couple of hours later  to due according to them to be up again 23.00, then 10.00 tuesday, then 16.00, then 18.00, then 10.00 today, and as you can see now actually back on.

engineers variously heading to the site / on site and working hard to repair / heading to site, heading to site and variations depending on which recording / text you got.

as I'm sending special delivery they SHOULD still get them tomorrow, royal mail permitting.

and to top it all eldest grandson was with us and couldn't get his PS something or other to work as no internet, so moaning he was bored. 'read a book' - 'books are boring'  :veryangry:

luckily he's been after some 'thing' for his game he plays so told him he could do jobs and earn the money for it,  well no point in having grandkids if you can't exploit them is there  >:D

so now will follow the discussion with Virgin re compensation for loss of service for 48 hours .. that should be interesting.

when we were without water a month or so ago, for about 18 hours, the water company made every customer a credit payment for loss of service, only £30 off your bill, but hugely expensive overall for them with thousands of customers.

will beardies lot do the same ?

don't hold your breath  :veryangry:

update....
just spoken to our postie, and apparently NO GUARANTEE on special delivery for christmas eve

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on December 23, 2020, 09:59:52 AM

and to top it all eldest grandson was with us and couldn't get his PS something or other to work as no internet, so moaning he was bored. 'read a book' - 'books are boring'  :veryangry:

luckily he's been after some 'thing' for his game he plays so told him he could do jobs and earn the money for it,  well no point in having grandkids if you can't exploit them is there  >:D

I trust you now have a pristine chimney, Alan? Let's face it, many kids would just curl up and die without their electronic gizmos. At least it sounds as if your grandson can read, even if he finds it boring.

guest311

windows cleaned inside
carpets hoovered
furniture dusted and polished
leaves on patio swept and binned in green bin

elf - n - safety raised it's head, so couldn't get him to do outsides of windows, get moss off roof tiles, or repoint chimney stack though  :'(

steve836

Put your elf back on the shelf! If you put a rope round him and throw the other end over the roof  he should be OK
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

stevewalker

Well any visiting at Christmas is off. For the sake of 3-1/2 days in the last week at school, we have been advised that during that last week, my eldest son (year 13) was in a year with a confirmed case, but it's not certain whether or not he was exposed; he was also sat directly in front of another child who complained of feeling breathless and losing his sense of taste but there is no test result; my middle son (year 10) has possibly (but not certainly) been exposed to one confirmed case and definitely to another and has to self-isolate until the 27th; and my youngest son (year 8 ) was in a year with a confirmed case, but it's not certain whether or not he was exposed.

If they'd just finished the Friday before, we could have been certain that they were out of any possible isolation period and could have visited my parents, who they haven't seen since this all began.

guest311

but, blondie didn't want to cancel christmas ...

oh, hang on  he has

typical of these  :censored:

never mind reality, what is going to give better press.......

sorry, but should have got a grip a lot sooner, but didn't.

as a life long conservative at national level / liberal at local level supporter, I have to say that in my humble opinion only one person comes out as looking good ...
kier starman

last labour leader I had any time for was John Smith, then he died and we got that **** who took us into an illegal war, then got himself a job as peace envoy to the area he'd  :censored: up.

political rant over, expecting to be banned any minute  :'(

stevewalker

Although I too am not a Labour supporter, I do think that John Smith could have been an excellent PM if he'd lived longer.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations