The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

Quote from: newportnobby on September 02, 2016, 09:47:36 AM
Surely the problem lies now with whoever sent the item to you as you can call them and say you have not received the item and require a refund from them. They should have the tracking number and so be able to use the 'Track & Trace' website
If you don't want to go down that road I suggest you call your local sorting office to tell them what the problem is.
If the postie didn't put a card through your letter box how do you know he's given it to someone else?
Well yes, I could just go back to the seller, but they haven't done anything wrong, and that would drag it out even further.

It was an ebay sale, and they very helpfully added the tracking number, which is how I can know that the parcel has been delivered. The Royal Mail tracking info is very helpful: 'Latest update: Delivered to your address or a neighbour'

That's completely covered their bottoms hasn't it? Delivered to an unspecified address, only identified by someone's scrawl on a little machine.

As I'm not there this weekend, I can't go round knocking on doors looking for it, whereas if they'd just taken it back to the office, like they have every other time, I could have picked it up on the way to work this morning.

I'd calmed down this morning, but I'm just getting angry again now. :veryangry:  :veryangry:  :veryangry:

Just as an aside, a friend's experience with Paypal was that if someone's signed for it, then they count it as delivered, so you can't open a dispute. I'm not intending on doing anything of the kind this time, but if I can't trust the Royal Mail to deliver things to the right place, then all of Paypal's buyer/seller protection schemes are a waste of time.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

Hopefully your neighbour is just waiting to catch sight of you to hand it over, Tony.
It's not good enough and a card should have been left by the postie telling you where the parcel is.
In my cul-de-sac folks are generally pretty good but I refuse to hold parcels for the young couple next door as they don't come to collect them and I'm bugjiggered if I'm going to deliver to them. :no:

Yet_Another

Yeah. Fortunately, I think I know where it is. Unfortunately, I wish it wasn't. Usual neighbour politics  >:(

Looks like I can change my plans, and hopefully get home tonight in time to go round. I'm not impressed, though.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

thebrighton

Being a postie your one should have put a red card through your door saying which address he left it at. We are now required to try neighbours if you are out and an act of parliament was required to allow RM to do it (couriers have different rules/licenses). You can opt out of having it delivered to neighbours. The main reason RM have followed courier companies and gone down this route is pressure from the senders. They want it delivered immediately, not returned to the office if you're out, and RM were threatened with loss of business unless they started trying neighbours. I hate it though from a personal point of view as it can be hard getting parcels from neighbours and from a work point of view it causes nothing but problems.

Newportnobby

I have some neighbours who should be tried.................and then sent down >:(

Skyline2uk

"Neighbours of Nobby, you have pleaded guilty to the charges brought before this court, and it is now my duty to pass sentence"

;)

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on September 02, 2016, 06:16:22 PM
"Neighbours of Nobby, you have pleaded guilty to the charges brought before this court, and it is now my duty to pass sentence"

;)

Skyline2uk

It wouldn't surprise me if his name was Norman Stanley Fletcher :no:

Oldman

:veryangry: not impressed with the people we were supposed to be swapping home's with..
Said they wanted to move this weekend because they were going on holiday on the 9th. Contacted them on Friday and they have not yet finished sorting out stuff the housing association insisted they correct them before final approval can be given. Could be at least another fortnight now. :veryangry:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

It's why divorce, house moves and composing entries for the N Gauge Journal are considered extremely traumatic. Having been through the first two at least once myself, you have my sympathy.

Bikeracer

I assume it's fairly widespread that a Post Office opens at 9.00am.

I ordered a "Click and Collect" from Amazon to be collected from my nearest Post Office branch .
This is also as often happens a shop with the Post Office in it and sells amongst other things Newspapers so I'm assuming that they will open well before 9.00am.

The Royal Mail are the carriers for this,so it should be easy for Royal Mail to deliver to one of their own Post Offices.

The delivery was attempted at 7.57am last Thursday and a card was left to say the premises were innaccesible.
Parcel taken back to delivery office in Newark where it now remains.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Newportnobby

Our local Post Office is in the Spar shop (which opens at 7 a.m.) with no separation between the 2 businesses apart from a separate queuing area, till etc. If your shop is the same then the parcel certainly could have been left but if, as in some shops, it is a separate enclosed and locked structure then what you have described would be possible, Allan.

Bikeracer

It is a separate area,however it doesn't take a genius to work out that the Post Office won't be open until 9.00am,so no point in even attempting a delivery before then.

I'm beginning to wonder if Newark Royal Mail is trying to corner the market for idiots and thieves.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Newportnobby

Ah. Then a village somewhere is missing an idiot, I agree.

Trainfish

Our post office is in Sainsburys and is open 8am to 8pm Mon - Sat and 10am to 4pm on a Sunday. Sounds great doesn't it? Now, if you have something sent through Parcelforce it will end up in Sainsburys and I can pick it up during those hours. However, if it's sent via Royal Mail it goes back to the sorting office which is open 7am to 12pm, yep, similar hours as to why you missed it in the first place. Even then I have to take ID with me. How on earth would I have possession of the red card if it hadn't been posted through my own front door I asked last time. Well, said the counter postie, someone may have broken into your house and stolen the card. I told him that they are far more likely to take the TV, trains, PC, laptop etc than a red card. He disagreed and eventually his supervisor let me have my item once I told him where it had come from and what it was.
The other option they use is if I have a signed for delivery (the above item wasn't, just too big for the letterbox) the postie will sign for it as "postie" and then leave it either in the shed or in full view at the front of the house on the gas meter cupboard! It can be rather frustrating trying to explain what they're doing wrong and they have received numerous written complaints from me.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Ian Bowden

after several attempts to deliver a parcel of books at two different addresses (an essay in itself) UPS left them in my recycling bin which was emptied before i found the hidden card telling me where it was. the good news was it was in the correct recycling bin so no complaints from the council

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations