The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javlinfaw7

You should never say 'art has nothing to do with it' when talking about a songwriter  of Paul Simons calibre.

Trainfish

Quote from: Calnefoxile on October 02, 2015, 04:22:47 PM

I started to put this into the Unhappy Thread, but as I was writing it I could feel my blood boil and so I've put it over here instead:

I'm a James Bond fan and am so looking forward to the new film Spectre, so how disappointed was I when I heard that turgid, pile of  :poop:  released by Sam Smith, called 'Writings on the Wall' which is the new Bond Theme.  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored:

It has got to be the worse Bond Theme ever, and to add insult to injury apparently it's made it to No1 in the charts WTF!!! How the hell did that happen!!!!, now I like some of Sam Smiths stuff, but this really is garbage. Apparently he says it took him 20 minutes to write it, trust me it shows!!!

Right, calm down Neal, it's only a song....... :worried: :worried:

But it is real  :poop: and a huge steaming pile of it. It bores me to tears when I hear it. I have to change channel on the radio when Radio 2 play it

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

Regards

Neal.

There's nothing wrong with Sam Smith!

I quite like them anyway  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jonclox

>:(  Just been reminded that in an hours time both SWMBOd and I are due to go to the GPs den of iniquity and suffer the annual joys of
TheFlu Jab
20015 variety
:-\ :doh:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on October 09, 2015, 02:16:37 PM
>:(  Just been reminded that in an hours time both SWMBOd and I are due to go to the GPs den of iniquity and suffer the annual joys of
TheFlu Jab
20015 variety

Live long and prosper, Jon ;)
(Or maybe it's a strain classified as a class 20 virus)

jonclox

TheFlu Jab
20015 variety
I knew we were being conned into this :veryangry:  but I ended up with a flue jab in one arm and a shingles one in the other
Still Ann got a once only pneremonuica newmonia type thingie in one arm and the flue jab in the other]
I s`pose 4 for the price of 2 aint bad  :worried:
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

Oldman

:'( don't like the sound of that, have my flu jab next Saturday, trouble is I always feel  :censored: afterwards.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

daveg

My big sis (71) had the flu and shingles duo and wasn't well at all for a few days. OK now but ...

Hope that was just bad luck on her part rather than what those that go for the combo can expect.

Take care everyone.

Dave G

Tom U

A few years ago, I had shingles above my right eye that caused huge swelling of my eyelid so it closed up and I looked like a cartoon prize fighter!
First day it was just an itchy red patch, doctor said it was a small skin infection and gave me antibiotics.  Next day, and just in time (window to start anti-virals is 72 hours from first itch) the second doctor (I didn't believe first) recognised it right away as shingles and started me on strong anti-virals. Had it not been for the second doctor's prompt action and daily monitoring, I would have lost the sight of the eye because more swelling would have damaged the optic nerve.
For months after the swelling sunbsided, the tingling and severe headaches continued.  Even now, years later, if I get a bit stressed or run down, the damaged nerve endings in the skin above my eyebrow feel like ants marching across.

So, I would say, if you are at all at risk of shingles (zosta) - I think the risk is if you had measles as a child, and the zosta virus hides in your body ready to pounce again in mature years - I would say a few days discomfort from the jab would be discomfort well spent!!!  :thumbsup:

Tom.

jonclox

Quote from: Oldman on October 09, 2015, 06:15:40 PM
:'( don't like the sound of that, have my flu jab next Saturday, trouble is I always feel  :censored: afterwards.
They (whoever `they` are)  say there maybe some slight  :poop: symptons for a few days but nothing serious :worried:
Shingles same as above  :(
Anti bios on standby just in case ::)
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

Malc

I read somewhere that the problems you suffer after a flu jab is nothing to do with the serum itself. Apparently those people who suffer would still suffer if you injected water. It is a reaction to the injection, not what they are pumping in to you. I don't know if it is true or not, I gave blood at regular intervals, have loads of blood tests and have had the flu jab for 25 years with no ill effects.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Jon898

Quote from: Tom U on October 10, 2015, 04:33:54 AM

So, I would say, if you are at all at risk of shingles (zosta) - I think the risk is if you had measles as a child, and the zosta virus hides in your body ready to pounce again in mature years - I would say a few days discomfort from the jab would be discomfort well spent!!!  :thumbsup:

Tom.

It's actually from the chickenpox virus, which can lay dormant in your nerve cells for years and then reemerge as shingles.  I had chickenpox as a child and have now been vaccinated for shingles.  My wife believed she had not had chickenpox, but was tested and showed positive for the antibodies so was vaccinated as well (her father was a paediatrician and probably exposed her).  Chickenpox can be asymptomatic, hence they should test you to see if you need the varicella vaccine...as Tom points out, you definitely do NOT want to get shingles.

Newportnobby

I had shingles in the 1990s and it occurred in a band round my waist and back.
Part of the treatment was an ultra sound massage and it certainly speeded up the recovery process, although this would be of no use to someone who gets it in the eyelid ::)

At this rate I think we may have to have a Medical Thread :hmmm:

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on October 10, 2015, 03:18:10 PM
in a band round my waist and back.
Part of the treatment was an ultra sound massage

At this rate I think we may have to have a Medical Thread :hmmm:
From my back, round my side and lower rib cage and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy,
wasnt offered ultrasound, nor a vaccine, was told to go home take ibuwhatsit and wait :(
That was ~30y ago and it has not yet repeated, but I can still feel a bit of an itch from where it was

goes looking for NPNs new thread >>>  :laughabovepost:

dannyboy

As Jon points out, shingles comes from having chickenpox. When you get chickenpox, you are infected with the herpes simplex virus, which can cause shingles and cold sores. The virus lies dormant, sometimes never giving people problems. I had shingles a few years ago which started on the day my boss went on a two week holiday. As I was his 'number 2' at the time, I had to carry on working and boy was it painful  :'( . If you have the chance to get the jab - get it! We do not have the chance here in Ireland, although we can get the flu jab.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on October 09, 2015, 02:56:54 PM
TheFlu Jab
20015 variety

Live long and prosper, Jon ;)
(Or maybe it's a strain classified as a class 20 virus)
Many thanks Mick can you wish me............'.Live long and prosper, Jon'............ this every week as hours later I had a Euomillions prize come up.
OK it was only £12.98 but its a step in the positive direction  :beers:
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP