Drewry Railcar "OLIVe"

Started by Anthony Lloyd, August 03, 2013, 01:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Lloyd

Hi Guys,

Bees & I have been working on Drewry Railcar "OLIVe" in N Gauge for sometime now, to be fitted to a KATO tram chassis.
[ The work in progress topic in the 3D Printing forum is available here ]

The body is 3D printed and requires painting, glasing and detailing (mostly brass handrails if you wish to apply them). There is the option to have the roof platform raised as part of a work scene or lowered to use it on your layout as an item of rolling stock.

[smg id=2831 type preview align=center caption="First Test Print"]

[smg id=3203 type=preview align=center caption="RTC Executive"]
[smg id=3204 type=preview align=center caption="RTC Blue"]

I'm not expecting it to sell in its millions and its certainly not to be my retirement plan, but the costs at the moment is as follows ...

In White Strong & Flexible
Quoteabout £18 delivered to me if I buy singles from Shapeways ... in which case it would be better to just put it on a Shapeways shop and let you buy it yourself.

but if enough people are interested, the price goes down on a sliding scale of almost £1 for each additional item to nearer £11 (+£3 P+P Tot £14) if I can order 10.
After 10 the cost each doesn't really change that much.

The item will still be available in Frosted Detail from the Shapeways shop if preferred.
Quoteabout £27 direct from Shapeways
£18 (+£3 P+P Tot £21) if I order 10.

If anyone is interested, please let me know in here (or PM if you wish to be quiet about it) and I'll let you know when its ready to go on sale.

At the moment I am just after expressions of interest, once I have a sensible idea how many would be required, I will contact everybody with a final price and a request for a deposit of 30% with the remaining 70% balance due prior to dispatch to you. Payment would be through PayPal.

Tony

And finally ...
An NGF Donation because :NGF:
£1 from the sale of each model sold through NGF forum or the DJRail Shop* (i.e. from my bulk purchase from Shapeways) will be donated to NGF towards the running of the forum.
* DJRail shop: Once this is set up and running.

Anthony Lloyd

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations