Fuel prices

Started by Newportnobby, March 08, 2022, 09:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

When I saw the post in my unread list a day or so ago, I thought "Mick has posted a joke.... I'll look later"  :P

Then this morning, I see it's 4 pages long.... must be either a good joke or a crap one, so I took a look.

Now I realise how it's got to 4 pages! Come on, folks, it's a quick one liner in the jokes section. All this stuff doesn't belong here.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

chrism

Quote from: GlenEglise on March 09, 2022, 10:06:10 PM
:laughabovepost:

I thought this thread was about the price of petrol!

It's about fuel - beer is fuel  :smiley-laughing:

PLD

Quote from: GlenEglise on March 09, 2022, 10:06:10 PM
:laughabovepost:

I thought this thread was about the price of petrol!

:P :P :P
As far as I can work out from the last page or two, some members are proposing to go to a beer festival where they will acquire large quantities of alcohol, presumably to use as an alternative fuel for their vehicles?  :hmmm:  :confused1:  :beers:

The Q

I use veggie oil in the Land rover, but guess which two countries produce 50% of the worlds sunflower oil?
I think if I launch my sailing boat at the nearest navigable bit of the broads I can sail to the sailing club in time for the end of season Dinner next week... Anyone fancy helping  me push half 1/2  a ton  4 miles? Oh it's up hill to the waterway..

Bealman

At least the thread is getting funnier (sort of)  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Well I looked at UK diesel prices this morning.  :o

Then I looked at UK heating oil prices (kerosene).  :goggleeyes:

My how I laughed.  ::)

SWMBO joined in with the merriment, so much so it brought tears to her eyes. :*(

Such fun on this fine sunny morning. :(

It really is a joke.

- but then it's nothing compared to what Ukrainians are going through.
🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

GAD

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on March 09, 2022, 08:34:59 AM
Paddy
My first `GALLON of petrol was 5s 3d so how old do you think I am ?
Bob Tidbury

You were robbed, mine was 3s3d and that included a shot of two stroke oil!

grumbeast

well I know it might not seem like not that much, but we are at CDN$2.11 / liter here in BC.  It was CDN$1.11 /l this time 2 years ago
Our train services aren't an option (we don't even have any on Vancouver Island) and our distances are FAaaaaaaaar longer than the UK (getting to Alberta (the next closest province.. so like Cornwall to Devon :) ) from where I live would need me to drive 840km (Not that I want to go to Alberta.. its a bit.. well .. its like Canada's Texas, lets leave it at that :)

Railbank

It's a pity that Valentine's Day has been and gone as in having to take my true love somewhere expensive......... as now the date could have been down the Petrol Station just as costly but home in plenty of time to run trains.......... 😂

Trainfish

I paid, well, the company did, £1.79.9 per litre on Thursday  :goggleeyes:

That .9 still annoys me.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

chrism

Quote from: Trainfish on March 11, 2022, 02:06:47 AM
I paid, well, the company did, £1.79.9 per litre on Thursday  :goggleeyes:

That .9 still annoys me.

Remember the Not The Nine O'Clock News sketch at the petrol station:?

Mel Smith putting fuel in and replacing the hose nozzle very carefully to make sure his purchase is precisely £5 - and Griff Rhys-Jones hits a "Nobble" button, adding a penny - classic  :smiley-laughing:

daffy

More comedy this morning as Boilerjuice (a reliable source of info on heating oil prices) indicates that as at this morning Kerosene 28, which I and almost every household in the villages and towns around me use for heating, is averaging £1.5954 per litre!

That's almost FOUR TIMES HIGHER than the price this time last year when it was about £0.42.

Unlike petrol and diesel the tax levied on heating oil is 10.7 pence per litre and then 5% VAT, so this is a truly shocking price (that probably will continue to rise), especially as the demographic of this part of the country (in Lincolnshire) shows a higher than average proportion of the elderly.

Thankfully at the moment the weather is mild and above average temperatures are predicted for the next couple of weeks so we can keep consumption down, but this has a major impact on our limited finances, far far greater than that from the rise in car fuel. :(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

chrism

Quote from: daffy on March 11, 2022, 07:29:52 AM
More comedy this morning as Boilerjuice (a reliable source of info on heating oil prices) indicates that as at this morning Kerosene 28, which I and almost every household in the villages and towns around me use for heating, is averaging £159.54 per litre!

That's almost FOUR TIMES HIGHER than the price this time last year when it was about £0.42.

Er, I make that almost 380 times higher  :P

daffy

Ho ho! So do I!  :-[:doh:

Original post now corrected by careful movement of the errant decimal point.

Thanks Chris.  :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations