Fuel prices

Started by Newportnobby, March 08, 2022, 09:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrism

Quote from: port perran on March 09, 2022, 04:45:46 PM
Quote from: chrism on March 09, 2022, 04:19:30 PM
Quote from: port perran on March 09, 2022, 03:38:00 PM
I'm travelling from Cornwall up to Wiltshire late next week.
I reckon the fuel  is going to cost me a darned sight more than it did 2 weeks ago :doh:

Better take a couple of jerrycans - else you might not be able to afford to get back.
Definitely won't be taking Bertie our VW Camper at around 25 miles to the gallon (if we're lucky and the journey is mostly downhill).

And with a tail wind?

I imagine that a head wind would clobber the consumption even if all other circumstances were favourable.

port perran

Quote from: chrism on March 09, 2022, 04:49:48 PM
I reckon the fuel  is going to cost me a darned sight more than it did 2 weeks ago :doh:

Better take a couple of jerrycans - else you might not be able to afford to get back.
Definitely won't be taking Bertie our VW Camper at around 25 miles to the gallon (if we're lucky and the journey is mostly downhill).

And with a tail wind?

I imagine that a head wind would clobber the consumption even if all other circumstances were favourable.
Someone once said that it's akin to driving a loaf of bread.
Absolutely no aerodynamic styling.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

chrism

Quote from: port perran on March 09, 2022, 05:00:38 PM
Quote from: chrism on March 09, 2022, 04:49:48 PM

And with a tail wind?

Someone once said that it's akin to driving a loaf of bread.
Absolutely no aerodynamic styling.

Still a classic design though.

Trainfish

Surely it's uphill all the way from Cornwall to Wiltshire and downhill on the way back? Is this for the 'Nam beer festival by any chance?  :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

port perran

Quote from: Trainfish on March 09, 2022, 07:12:08 PM
Surely it's uphill all the way from Cornwall to Wiltshire and downhill on the way back? Is this for the 'Nam beer festival by any chance?  :beers:
Yes. Your geography is correct. It is indeed downhill coming home.
No....I'll be up for family visits and footie on Sat 19th.
The Chippy Beer Festival is much later at the end of April.

Trainfish

Quote from: port perran on March 09, 2022, 07:20:51 PM

Yes, just realised that when I opened an email from Devizes CAMRA begging me to buy a ticket and to go on their bus. They say there's only 20 festival tickets left on the website, I hope you've got yours if you're going. Personally I think you should go to the Devizes festival in July instead. Or both!  :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

port perran

Quote from: Trainfish on March 09, 2022, 07:23:53 PM
Quote from: port perran on March 09, 2022, 07:20:51 PM

Yes, just realised that when I opened an email from Devizes CAMRA begging me to buy a ticket and to go on their bus. They say there's only 20 festival tickets left on the website, I hope you've got yours if you're going. Personally I think you should go to the Devizes festival in July instead. Or both!  :beers:
Yes, I have my Chippenham ticket for the Friday evening.
I'd quite like to go to the Devizes one too. I'll see if I can talk my son in law into it.
Our only problem will be getting back to Bathford afterwards.

Trainfish

I was going to suggest the Travelodge in Devizes but I just looked at their booking page and it seems they already know about the new date. Their prices for 3 consecutive days are as follows:
£66
£102
£48

Guess which one is festival night?

I'll have a look but pretty sure the number 271 or 272 bus from Devizes goes to Bathford
John

<*))))><

Trainfish

Faresaver buses say last bus on a Saturday to Bath going through Bathford leaves at 22:20. Other buses are available of course.
John

<*))))><

port perran

Quote from: Trainfish on March 09, 2022, 07:48:24 PM
Faresaver buses say last bus on a Saturday to Bath going through Bathford leaves at 22:20. Other buses are available of course.
Thanks for that John.
I'll have a chat with my son in law.
A bus home sounds an excellent solution.

Trainfish

Click here for the timetable. If you do decide to go just let me know and I'll sort out tickets for you. They get snapped up quickly but I know all the top bods in Devizes CAMRA and can always get them  :beers:
John

<*))))><

njee20

If it's any consolation my car doesn't do a huge amount more than that, and markedly less if I have a heavy right foot!

I remember fuel being 70-something pence a litre, and £10 being a worthwhile contribution, and I've only been driving since the mid-00s.

joe cassidy

Quote from: port perran on March 09, 2022, 07:50:41 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on March 09, 2022, 07:48:24 PM
Thanks for that John.
I'll have a chat with my son in law.
A bus home sounds an excellent solution.

A bus with toilet  :)

GlenEglise

:laughabovepost:

I thought this thread was about the price of petrol!

:P :P :P

Trainfish

You're absolutely right, it was  :D
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations