Warm Enough ?

Started by jonclox, June 30, 2015, 03:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

Summer, warm weather, gawd who have expected that...............?
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Chetcombe

Hot weather during Wimbledon, well there's a rarity.!

I'm in Washington DC this week and it's hot in t'colonies. 90 degrees warm in old money (sorry we don't do centigrade over here at all) and 90% humidity,which is an unpleasant but fairly typical summer combination :goodbye:
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Chetcombe on June 30, 2015, 10:59:46 PM
old money (sorry we don't do centigrade over here at all)
Ha ! nolonger do we do centigrade,
don'y'know they furrigners changed it to Celsius ( degrees Celsius °C ) a wee while back,
then they took it upon themselves to adopt Kelvin as the SI unit of temperature,
(mark you, not degrees Kelvin, no little circle needed, just Kelvin, symbol a plain K ! )
harumpf.
Système International d'Unités, I think they call themselves, somewhere in Paris or, well over there somewhere.

Well you mentioned the subject ! Do try to keep up in the colonies over there   :laugh3: :laugh: :bounce:

Me, at home in the garden, in SW England,  I know it will be beginning to get comfortable at anywhere over 70F :) should I be so lucky, it wont last :(

Summer = a couple of hot days and a thunderstorm , usually.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Agrippa on June 30, 2015, 10:52:07 PM
Summer, warm weather, gawd who have expected that...............?
In Scotland ? No one, not even an optimist and they are a rare , , , oh hum ,, errum  :laugh3:

Agrippa

I'm looking out my long johns, there'll be snow on the way in a few days.......
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Agrippa on June 30, 2015, 11:36:41 PM
I'm looking out my long johns, there'll be snow on the way in a few days.......
:laughabovepost:
whadu mean " looking out", I still got mine on, ye cana' take chances mon.

Chetcombe

Quote from: MalcolmAL on June 30, 2015, 11:27:06 PM
don'y'know they furrigners changed it to Celsius ( degrees Celsius °C ) a wee while back,
then they took it upon themselves to adopt Kelvin as the SI unit of temperature,
(mark you, not degrees Kelvin, no little circle needed, just Kelvin, symbol a plain K ! )
harumpf.
Système International d'Unités, I think they call themselves, somewhere in Paris or, well over there somewhere.

Well you mentioned the subject ! Do try to keep up in the colonies over there   :laugh3: :laugh: :bounce:

Me, at home in the garden, in SW England,  I know it will be beginning to get comfortable at anywhere over 70F :) should I be so lucky, it wont last :(

Summer = a couple of hot days and a thunderstorm , usually.

LOL!! Shows how long I have been away (20 years actually). I will try and be a better example to my colonial friends in the future :D
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Chetcombe on June 30, 2015, 11:57:25 PM
Me, at home in the garden, in SW England,  I know it will be beginning to get comfortable at anywhere over 70F :)

LOL!! Shows how long I have been away (20 years actually). I will try and be a better example to my colonial friends in the future :D
:laughabovepost:

actually, you made me chuckle on two fronts, at home and in the lab.

Cos I was brung up in the dark days when dinosaurs roamed the wild,
I was (am) happy at home in F, and I know when it is safe to go out without my longjons in summer if it is in F,
but at work it didnt make sense if it wasnt in C or K
that's why I ended up a schizophrenic and dyslexicule :)

acko22

Basinga I can top you on that one 62.8C in full kit but that's a different story.

Apart from those who sadly suffer more than most in the heat (that doesn't mean been sweaty or more than usual in some cases  :confused1: )

Embrace it come the next bank holiday weekend it will  been glorious all through the traffic jams until you arrive at you weekend get away then it will  :censored: it down!!

:laugh3:
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

MikeDunn

harumpf.
Nowt wrong with kelvin, that's a proper British measurement  (and before anyone jumps in with "he was Scottish not British", he was actually born in Belfast  :P)

1948 ... how old is Chetcombe  :P

Basinga

Well, Summer was nice while it lasted. Weather forecast says thunderstorms overnight at my lovely hometown, followed by torrential rain tomorrow morning. Aaah, the British weather :)

MalcolmInN

Quote from: MikeDunn on July 01, 2015, 09:19:19 AMScottish not British
Not long to go now till that will become a common phrase ! ;)
That will cause the Americans some problems, they have enough trouble distinguishing the English from British !!
Quotehe was actually born in Belfast 
I never knew that, quite an educational forum this place :)  :NGaugersRule:

Quote from: Basinga on July 01, 2015, 10:29:40 AM
Well, Summer was nice while it lasted. Weather forecast says thunderstorms overnight at my lovely hometown, followed by torrential rain tomorrow morning. Aaah, the British weather :)
Right on cue !>>
Quote from: MalcolmAL on June 30, 2015, 11:27:06 PMSummer = a couple of hot days and a thunderstorm , usually.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Basinga on July 01, 2015, 10:29:40 AM

Look on the bright side. I believe Cliff won't be at Wimbledon this year :D

ChrisWV10

Someone turned the sun off ☁️ in Wolves

Still 'ot tho' 🔥

C.

acko22

It may have gone but its warm down err on t' M20 9n static traffic
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations