World Cup

Started by port perran, June 12, 2014, 08:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

I too think they were unlucky. The game could have gone either way.
Thursday's game is so important now.
Interestingly, at home here, Lorraine & I have set up a little challenge to see who can predict the most correct scores.
So far.....none right. I can see how bookies make their money !!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Kipper on June 15, 2014, 05:36:07 PM
Has a page gone missing, or is everyone in mourning over the England - Italy game???

:sleep:  Why, what happened?  :confused1:
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

MikeDunn

Dunno - I thought they were playing Sri Lanka across 5 days ?

Geoff

Its a goal, its not a goal, its a goal the world cup is a farce if that the best goal line technology FIFA have.

Feel sorry for Honduras.
Geoff

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Geoff on June 15, 2014, 09:13:02 PM
Its a goal, its not a goal, its a goal the world cup is a farce if that the best goal line technology FIFA have.

Feel sorry for Honduras.

I feel sorry for the millions who haven't the slightest interest in this game getting plastered all over the TV 24/7.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Geoff

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on June 15, 2014, 09:19:16 PM
Quote from: Geoff on June 15, 2014, 09:13:02 PM

Feel sorry for Honduras.

I feel sorry for the millions who haven't the slightest interest in this game getting plastered all over the TV 24/7.

Yep the wife has lost her soaps, I have had to buy some ear plugs to stop the ear ache..
Geoff

MikeDunn

Point her at the washing machine ....
..... and run like hell !!!  :P

bees

Quote from: Trainfish on June 13, 2014, 12:27:40 AM
Just wait until Sunday when the Argentinians play. I've hyperlinked this picture just in case it breaks any copyrights etc.

I'm sorry, but i tuned in to the Argentina match  :goggleeyes: and was extremely disappointed  :( not to see this team line up  :'(, i turned off again quickly!!!

Hehehe
Steven
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

Trainfish

I've watched all the games so far and will probably watch most of the rest of them too. However, if I didn't like football then I think there are plenty more channels to choose from these days aren't there? If not then I suppose those who don't like football could get on with building/improving their layouts couldn't they? I have no idea if the soaps have been moved/cancelled as I have no interest in those but somehow I always find something else to watch even though they seem to take up many hours every day of every week and not just once every 4 years.
I have to admit though it has been difficult keeping up with the US Open golf at the same time but then that's what Sky Go is for, golf on the PC and football on the TV. Cricket has been easy as that's on during the day rather than the evening  :D
I'm also probably lucky that I have been able to train the wife to like both football and golf, she's even starting to like cricket.

I just remembered that I missed some of the Ivory Coast v Japan game  :uneasy:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Quote from: bees on June 16, 2014, 01:22:28 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on June 13, 2014, 12:27:40 AM
Just wait until Sunday when the Argentinians play. I've hyperlinked this picture just in case it breaks any copyrights etc.

I'm sorry, but i tuned in to the Argentina match  :goggleeyes: and was extremely disappointed  :( not to see this team line up  :'(, i turned off again quickly!!!

Hehehe
Steven

A Brentford fan living in Manchester? Whatever next, a Man Ure fan living in Brentford? It's possible I suppose.

Did you not watch the half time entertainment in the Argie game then Steve?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Quote from: Trainfish on June 16, 2014, 01:26:36 AM
I just remembered that I missed some of the Ivory Coast v Japan game  :uneasy:
I was surprised that Japan went down. I'd tipped them... I'm not doing very well in the tipping comp, when I think about it. All the teams I've tipped so far have lost!!  :-[
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

I wasn't really surprised at the Ivory Coast beating Japan. The African teams are improving in every tournament now.

Do you enter the Sky Soccer 6 competition? You don't need to have Sky but could win up to £100,000 if you get 6 scores correct  :goggleeyes:
I managed to get 2 scores correct and 1 other result in the first 6
John

<*))))><

Bealman

No, I didn't know about it. Sounds cool! Regarding your score, you've done better than me, then!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

I'll send you a link. We can compare scores then  :D
John

<*))))><

Caz

It's bad enough that every time I turn on the TV "IT" is on and on every blooming channel, think I'll lock this thread and ban it on here as this forum is my only escape.   ;)   Regrettably, as a mod I have to read every post so can't ignore the thread.   :(
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70%