World Cup

Started by port perran, June 12, 2014, 08:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

port perran

Well.....all I can say is that I didn't see that coming. The Dutch were fantastic !!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Lawrence

Looks like they have drafted in all the officials from the Scottish lower leagues for the World Cup this time!  Ridiculous penalty for Brazil last night, ref was a complete homer, as for the Columbian linesman giving the 2 Mexico goals offside, well there is a war just waiting to happen.  As for the main attraction tonight, an ageing Spanish squad taken apart by 2 ageing Dutchmen, who would have thought!!
As for works sweepstakes, I got Honduras  :confused1: can't wait  ;D

As for those not into the footie, don't watch it, simples  ;), and as for Hockey and Rugby World Cups, start your own threads  :P

bridgiesimon

That was AWESOME!!!!!
Loved the game, just think they were lucky to get teh penalty cos I thought he went down very easily, similar to Brazil last night. Should have/could have been 8-0!!!

Just want a result like that our way tomorrow to make the weekend!!

Simon

OwL

I love football and the World Cup.
Just tuning into Australia vs Chile (I hope Chile win)  :P

Been an interesting night with the Dutch humiliating Spain.
England's fun comes tomorrow night......

CMON ENGLAND DO US PROUD!

I drew Greece as my sweep stake team, so I will cheer them on tomorrow as they play Colombia.

Whatever happens it's gonna be a good one!

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Bealman

I'll ignore the above comment.... it's 8.30am here and GAME ON!  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Agrippa

Quote from: port perran on June 13, 2014, 09:53:30 PM
Well.....all I can say is that I didn't see that coming. The Dutch were fantastic !!

Van Persie and Robben playing at their best!

Those swaggering senors destroyed.

Bring on Scotland ! If time travel available!
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Trainfish

Quote from: Agrippa on June 14, 2014, 12:13:06 AM
Bring on Scotland ! If time travel available!

Are they still involved in international football? I never seem to see their name at the World Cups or Euros.

Well done to the cloggies. I won't say I didn't see that result coming but the score, well, I don't think ANYONE could have predicted that!

And Chile have just scored again  :claphappy: :bounce: :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Ah well... it's only a game...  :'( :'( :'(

1936ace

Well it is a girls sport after all😃
Bart

Bealman

I guess you'll be stuck in front of State of Origin on Wednesday then  ;)

1936ace

Yes mate sure will be. On shift so hopefully no fire calls. Then again I could also turn the bells off😃
Little zac soccer game (under 5) off due to rain but the big brother is about to run on the field so only 90 mins of torture today. The little a great to watch
Bart

Bealman

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cool. It's actually sunny here at moment

Back on topic - at least the Aussies put in a creditable performance this morning.

bridgiesimon

Credible but lost, at last a sport Australia is not very good at!! Unlike rugby, cricket, motor racing, athletics, swimming ... hehe,
(No intention to insult!)

Best wishes
Simon

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations