Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

That sucks Trev. Our thoughts are with you.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Papyrus

Really sorry to hear that, Trev. We've been lucky that all our pets have lived to a ripe old age and not been taken early by a dreadful disease like that, but it still hurts like hell when they go. Just keep him comfortable and happy for as long as you can.

All the best,

Chris

TrevL

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.  My two previous boxers lived to ten years,  but Bilbo is now eleven and hopefully twelve in March, so he had more than most of the breed.  Still likes his twice daily walks (although not as far as we used to) and always has a sleep with his head in my lap whilst I'm watching TV on the sofa.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bealman

Our Labrador had a similar issue which got bad, so we had her put down. Sad, but better than the suffering.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Not sure if I should be in the 'Angry' thread for this. Last week I made an offer on an item from Rails of Sheffield via ebay, which was accepted. The charges from ebay for delivery to my home, including postage and VAT, were reasonable, so I opted for that route for simplicitys sake. The other day I received a demand from Irish Customs for a VAT payment, which I duly paid. On checking, I realised that the charge was for the Rails item.  ???. I got on to ebay who were very helpful and suggested that I contact Customs and ask for my money back and if this failed, they gave me a contact email at ebay, who could refund the VAT I had paid to them. I contacted Customs and let them know that I had already paid the VAT, so could I have my money back please. The reply that I received was to the effect that Rails had failed to quote the IOSS* number, so Customs did not know that VAT had been paid. It was suggested that I contacted Rails and get them to supply the IOSS number to ebay, who could then contact Irish Customs to let them know that the VAT had been paid. What a palaver!  :thumbsdown:. I have now sent an email to ebay asking them to refund the VAT I paid to them, so we will see what happens. Never had this problem before Brexit .............  ;)

*Import One Stop Shop
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

steve836

David. Perhaps Ireland should leave the EU, then we could make a trade agreement and end this palaver.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Delboy

Quote from: TrevL on November 10, 2021, 12:01:53 PM
Just had the devastating news that Bilbo (my avatar) has cancer in the mouth.  He's not in any pain and is eating without issue, but the time is not far away when all that will change.  Not looking forward to this at all.

@TrevL . Trev, so sorry to hear your sad news. Hope he continues to cope for a long time yet. I am sure you will make the right decision when you have to.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

dannyboy

Quote from: steve836 on November 12, 2021, 10:59:02 AM
Perhaps Ireland should leave the EU

Over the last 20 years or so, Ireland has had a lot out of the EU, so I don't think that the Irish Government would even contemplate doing that! But that is getting political.  :).

Actually, the problem would not have arisen if Rails had done things correctly at their end. (That is of course, presuming that the information I have been given is correct).
David.

steve836

Just so we don't start something political, my comment was "tongue in cheek"
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

dannyboy

I thought it probably was, but I like the idea!
David.

guest311

two places reserved on the step, would you like to put in your orders for biscuits and beverages ?  :smiley-laughing:

Nbodger

Quote from: class37025 on November 12, 2021, 01:22:44 PM
two places reserved on the step, would you like to put in your orders for biscuits and beverages ?  :smiley-laughing:

Looks like naughty stairs will soon be required  :no:

Trainfish

If it gets too busy we may need to implement this scheme

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

just so long as it doesn't require sitting in a class room with some idiot advising how to resolve issues and your response to them. :'(

would rather the good old fashioned, remember the Sean Connery film The Hill, 'right you horrible lot, that pile of sand needs moving from there over to there. move it !

right, now move it back !

of course, depending upon the seriousness of ones transgressions, one would be issue with a shovel, spade, entrenching tool, ....

or in my case ......

teaspoon  :-[

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations