Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

David, sincere condolences from Becky and I.
Although I'm owned by a dog, I have always been fond of cats and, if we lived somewhere safer for them, (the roads around here are a bit notorious), I would have one happily.
When we lost our foxhound a few years ago now (8 and a bit ay last count) I thought I might lose my mind with sorrow. We often both have a little cry about her even now. Upon reading your news I had to go and cuddle the current furry spotty idiot just to be sure she was 'just asleep'.
Nothing can completely heal the hurt, but with the chance of some new little ones in your life, there will be more love to give (and receive!) in time.
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

port perran

David.
I'm so sorry to hear your news.
Although I'm not a cat lover, I fully understand how much of an effect the loss of any pet can have on us mere humans.
But...of course, with the end of one life there comes a new beginning for another. Although in your case that new beginning could involve several it seems!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

grumbeast

SO sorry for your loss, its one I understand, we lost our Bumpy Cat a few years ago while we still lived in the UK, she was our constant companion. We have Jelly now, an RSPCA rescue who came from Newport and had had a none too good life before us, so we brought her to Canada with us.  They are such an important part of our lives, so I'm thinking good thoughts for you

Graham

So last week we were told it would be unlikely that Australia will open our borders until mid next year. Had plans to be in Europe mid next year so have had to put that on hold again just in case

steve836

Quote from: Graham on May 15, 2021, 12:30:54 AM
So last week we were told it would be unlikely that Australia will open our borders until mid next year. Had plans to be in Europe mid next year so have had to put that on hold again just in case

Sorry to hear that. It may be that the UK will be available to you earlier though as, with our vaccine rollout, the UK may well be considered a viable option before a general opening of your borders.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bealman

I really can't see that happening. I'm booked on a flight to Adelaide on Friday, and just travelling interstate here in Australia is problematic.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

steve836

Funny that, we never had any problem sending our bad guys!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Graham

Quote from: Bealman on May 31, 2021, 10:22:54 AM
I really can't see that happening. I'm booked on a flight to Adelaide on Friday, and just travelling interstate here in Australia is problematic.
hopefully you will make it, I am starting to worry for Sept when my next trip is booked given our track record in Melbourne.

Trainfish

I had an email from my electricity and gas company this morning saying that due to me owing them £109 they would raise my direct debit from £108 per month to £166 to cover the debt. I did of course call them and after listening to Oasis singing She's Electric, Eddy Grant singing Electric Avenue, Phil Oakey singing Together in electric dreams numerous times whilst spending 40 minutes on hold I finally spoke to a human being. He was clueless and I had to point out to him that if I totalled up my bills for October to March which are the 6 coldest months, multiplied it by 2 then divided it by 12 the amount still came nowhere near the £166 a month quoted. He agreed, even though he couldn't work it out himself, and said he would change my payment to £110 per month.

So initially unhappy but now happy. Hopefully this is in the correct thread  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

used to have the same problem, different music, when we were with OVO.

changed to Octopussy, and had no problems whatsoever.

mind you, they don't seem to be money-grabbing  :censored:, just flog me leccy and gas, and will no doubt bill me if I owe them at the end of the year.

dannyboy

Some companies put some ridiculous sounding music on their 'hold' system, but at least your utility company were playing appropriate music (Unless of course, you've swapped your outfit for the 'Joker').
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

emjaybee

At least they weren't playing 'Jumpin' Jack Flash!
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Trainfish

Thankfully they didn't play this either especially as I'm an electrician

I log my gas and electric use on a spreadsheet (I have a spreadsheet for everything, soon I'll need a spreadsheet for the spreadsheets) with comparison graphs and also the monthly cost which is why I was 'shocked' (sorry) when I saw the proposed increase. I think the poor guy on the other end of the phone soon realised this which was why he backed down  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

zwilnik

This is probably more "Doh!" than unhappy, but near enough..

My Kato GWR Class 800 arrived this morning after its travels through the Spanish customs and excise system and it looks great. The problem is, with all the building work on my layout, the track to test it on didn't look so great so I spent half an hour taking all the various bits of debris, tools, materials etc. off the layout and giving it a quick sweep over. Then ran my Tomix track cleaner round behind a Warship in both hoover and track scrubbing mode to get all the bits of plaster and scatter off the track.

After a few (noisy) loops of that, I thought I'd run the Warship round light engine just to make sure it's all smooth. All great until it hits the far curve right at the back corner of the layout behind the mountain. ie the bit where I have to take the mountain off and fold away my workbench (which requires cleaning stuff off it first) to get to, and I hear the "CLUNK" of a Warship falling off the track. It wasn't even going that fast either. I think it just felt like it :/

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23