Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Yes, I go to the bloke in the market who doesn't take cards so I have to go to the cashpoint first. Hence why I need to have my card marked  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on May 08, 2021, 12:08:45 PM
Yes, I go to the bloke in the market who doesn't take cards so I have to go to the cashpoint first. Hence why I need to have my card marked  :D

I went to the cashpoint around the corner from him a few weeks ago but forgot to take the cash out but strangely that story belongs in the happy thread  :hmmm:

EDIT: And I have no idea why I replied to my own post above rather than just editing it  :'(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Fardap

Quote from: Trainfish on May 08, 2021, 12:09:57 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on May 08, 2021, 12:08:45 PM

I went to the cashpoint around the corner from him a few weeks ago but forgot to take the cash out but strangely that story belongs in the happy thread  :hmmm:

EDIT: And I have no idea why I replied to my own post above rather than just editing it  :'(

Quoting yourself is surely the ultimate in self confidence  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

just had a look on Hattons website for some supply vehicles for the 1/76 wargames supply columns, and found that as Bachmann has apparently bought out EFE, Hattons no longer list new stock, only pre-owned.

when will these two sort out their problems ?

dannyboy

Well another cat has died today. Even though we did have, at one time, 13 cats, we had 4 this morning - we now have 3, but it does not get any easier. He had been 'off colour' the last few days so I told Louisa that I would ring the Vet' this morning. I did that and then had to ring back a bit later to cancel. The cat lovers out there will have an idea of what I feel like at the moment. Trouble is, I will feel worse in an hour or so, when I pick Louisa up from work and she says, "how's the cat?". He and his 2 remaining siblings, was about 14 years old, yet Bella, the one eyed wonder cat, is still going strong and she is about 20 years old. Now when she goes ............
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

@dannyboy,
while I will admit to never having been a 'cat person', I accept that others think of their feline friends as I do about my canine friends.

as such, I hope that this, sent to me by another member when I / we lost Coco, will in some small way help / comfort you.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. 

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. 
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. 
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. 

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. 
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. 

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. 

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. 

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

hopefully though, not too soon.

HB sends his condolences, though he is still chomping on a bonio

Newportnobby

Every pet lover on the forum will know that gut wrenching sorrow, David.
Such small animals leave a huge hole in our lives.
Best to you and Louisa

lil chris

Sorry to hear of your loss David, we have two cats, clue in my avatar. One of mine was from a old friend who died he had 12 cats, we have only had one of them. She is a lovely little cat and about 14 years old, she has a couple of problems but she is still active playing etc. We heard the Rspca would have put her down so we took her in, much to the annoyance of our own cat.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Malc

We used to have 2 cats , they were from the RSPCA. They had a tough life before we had them, but were loved and cared for by us. When they go, it's like losing a close family member. We had to stop the car on the way back from the vets when the last one went as I couldn't see properly.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

emjaybee

David, sorry I missed this news yesterday.

My condolences from myself, the wife, Chaos and Penfold. It sucks, there's no worse, gut wrenching feeling.

Thinking of you and yours. All the best mate.

Michael.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

dannyboy

Many thanks for your replies to my previous post - they are appreciated.  :thumbsup:

On a happier note, (even though this is the 'Unhappy' thread), we have had two stray cats hanging about for months and they have become quite friendly and both will come in through the kitchen window for a bite to eat. I decided a few weeks ago that one was female, as she was obviously 'with kitten'. About two weeks ago, I realised that she had had her kittens. I went searching and found at least three kittens in the shed, but left them alone, so Mother would not be put off by human smells. We worked out when they might have been born and decided it had to be 23rd April, (St Georges day as we are from Yorkshire  :)). When I went to look last week there was no sign of the kittens - cue Louisa being upset again. After yesterdays sad event, I went looking for the kittens and found them! The Mother had obviously moved them to the other side of the shed, it has a dividing wall about four feet high and the kittens were under an old chair in a nice little bed which I presume was made by the Mother. I am guessing that the kittens were moved because of the noise made by the JCB and chainsaw used in the garden last week.

So, if a certain lady of this parish gets her way, I can see there being at least one new addition to the household in the near future.  :doh:
David.

dannyboy

I did say "at least one new addition". I am quite confident that when 'push comes to shove' in relation to animals and "a certain lady of this parish", I know the limits of my bravery, (and stupidity  ;)).

I just hope that there are only three!!
David.

Bob G

Quote from: dannyboy on May 12, 2021, 10:28:54 AM
Many thanks for your replies to my previous post - they are appreciated.  :thumbsup:

On a happier note, (even though this is the 'Unhappy' thread), we have had two stray cats hanging about for months and they have become quite friendly and both will come in through the kitchen window for a bite to eat. I decided a few weeks ago that one was female, as she was obviously 'with kitten'. About two weeks ago, I realised that she had had her kittens. I went searching and found at least three kittens in the shed, but left them alone, so Mother would not be put off by human smells. We worked out when they might have been born and decided it had to be 23rd April, (St Georges day as we are from Yorkshire  :)). When I went to look last week there was no sign of the kittens - cue Louisa being upset again. After yesterdays sad event, I went looking for the kittens and found them! The Mother had obviously moved them to the other side of the shed, it has a dividing wall about four feet high and the kittens were under an old chair in a nice little bed which I presume was made by the Mother. I am guessing that the kittens were moved because of the noise made by the JCB and chainsaw used in the garden last week.

So, if a certain lady of this parish gets her way, I can see there being at least one new addition to the household in the near future.  :doh:

David
I'm sorry I missed your sad news. You should have said something last night.
I do hope the kittens become part of your household.
Take care
Bob (human) and Obi (cat).

dannyboy

Quote from: Bob G on May 12, 2021, 11:32:50 AM
You should have said something last night.

Thanks Bob. I could not say a right lot last night as Louisa was sat a few feet away from me and would have needed the tissues - again - if I had said owt!  :beers:
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations