Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish, njee20 and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dorsetmike

You could also try a drop of mead

https://lymebaywinery.co.uk/product-category/mead/

I prefer the "Traditional" but a friend gives a thumbs up to the black cherry so I may give that a try.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Papyrus

Mead!! Now there's a thought! I love mead but haven't had any for years and years because Mrs Papyrus doesn't like it, but I may have to indulge myself. I used to like Lindisfarne mead - I see it is still made. Thank you @Dorsetmike for giving me the idea.

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

The electricity supply to our house has been off throughout the day. Not really a problem, as we did get a weeks notice, so I was prepared - things like plenty of gas for the camping stove, rechargeable drill and saw fully charged, you know, the important things. It came back on about 5.10pm, hooray. It is amazing how often you go into a room without a window, (like the train room), and switch the light on and nowt happens! Still, I managed to get some work done with the help of a torch - take some measurements and use said rechargeable tools in a room that does have natural light - it has rained today, so no outside playing. So why unhappy you ask - nobody said it would go off again! Not much fun sat in the dark for an hour!  :no: (Even if it was with the lovely Louisa - she could not watch 'Holby'  :thumbsdown:).

What makes me even more unhappy is the fact that I have not had time to find any 'groaners' for all you forumites who look forward to them!  ;D ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

every cloud has a silver lining  :smiley-laughing:

daffy

So sad.😪

A day without a groaner to ... er..... groan over.😭
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

steve836

Holb
y was good tonight too Danny
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

stevewalker

All my railway money is disappearing :(

First the (much repaired) washing machine gave up and cost £315 to replace. Next, my wife spent a load of money on her sister's birthday. Then I was working on my kit car and spent too much money - followed by another £127 on an after-market ECU. Today my youngest son's computer stopped working and needs a new SSD! And my wife wants to redecorate too  :worried:

njee20

I've been using Kingspec SSDs from Ali Express. £20 for a 250GB and £60 for a 1TB, they seem great, and perform well in tests.

dannyboy

Quote from: stevewalker on May 02, 2021, 12:18:53 AM

I know the feeling well! On top of the €600 paid on Friday for the JCB and driver, I have the car booked in for two new tyres on Wednesday. On top of all that, the central heating stopped working yesterday. From enquiries made on the internet, it may possibly be the diverter valve that is not err .... diverting, as the boiler appears to be able to provide hot water. The boiler uses Calor Gas and there are not many service engineers who will service a LPG boiler for some reason. A few telephone calls to make on Tuesday.  :(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

thebrighton

Quote from: dannyboy on May 02, 2021, 11:19:25 AM

I know the feeling well! On top of the €600 paid on Friday for the JCB and driver, I have the car booked in for two new tyres on Wednesday. On top of all that, the central heating stopped working yesterday. From enquiries made on the internet, it may possibly be the diverter valve that is not err .... diverting, as the boiler appears to be able to provide hot water. The boiler uses Calor Gas and there are not many service engineers who will service a LPG boiler for some reason. A few telephone calls to make on Tuesday.  :(

Spooky, we had no hot water this morning rather than no heating but definitely the diverter valve which did the same thing 7-8 years ago. Bit annoying as we only had a new boiler installed in December but it's not part of the boiler so no go with the guarantee and an indeterminate wait for our plumber to sort it!

The Q

Quote from: dannyboy on May 02, 2021, 11:19:25 AM
Quote from: stevewalker on May 02, 2021, 12:18:53 AM

I couldn't find a  lpg boiler man , I eventually found out Vailient have their own mobile boiler service team. So you may have to go to your boiler manufacturers website...
Our diverter valve is inside the boiler.

talisman56

In here rather than the Angry thread becuase an annoyance rather than a 'lose your head' event.

I have had the bank cards for both my bank accounts renewed in the past couple of months. Previously, I could distinguish the cards for the current account (with 'contactless') [spending money] and household account (not 'contactless') [monthly bills] very easily as they had a different design. Now they both look the same and the number of times I have tried to pay contactless with the household account card...   :censored: :doh:
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

TrevL

Quote from: talisman56 on May 08, 2021, 11:38:20 AM
In here rather than the Angry thread becuase an annoyance rather than a 'lose your head' event.

I have had the bank cards for both my bank accounts renewed in the past couple of months. Previously, I could distinguish the cards for the current account (with 'contactless') [spending money] and household account (not 'contactless') [monthly bills] very easily as they had a different design. Now they both look the same and the number of times I have tried to pay contactless with the household account card...   :censored: :doh:

Yep, done that. So I've written HMA (home management account) in big letters with a permanent marker on it.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

1 of mine has the word "Joint" on a Dymo label stuck to it. That's because it's our joint account not because it's for buying joints.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on May 08, 2021, 11:47:46 AM
1 of mine has the word "Joint" on a Dymo label stuck to it. That's because it's our joint account not because it's for buying joints.

Visit the butcher's often, do You, John? :angel:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations