Frank Harris (Romford Models - Romford Wheels)

Started by Mr Sprue, May 29, 2024, 09:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Sprue

On behalf of his son Simon and his daughter Anita, it is with deep regret to inform everyone that Frank Harris of Romford Models - Romford Wheels, sadly passed away peacefully 2nd of May 2024 at the age of 92.

For those of you who knew Frank you will already know he was an amazing and talented engineer and a great asset to railway modelling. The wheels he produced especially for OO and N gauge were probably the best quality anyone could buy in the world, and indeed his products did travel and were sold in other countries.

As for myself, sadly I only knew Frank for a limited time. But in that short time, I had the privilege of having long conversations with him, and was totally awe struck of what he had achieved with his engineering skills along with his partner Ralph, who passed some years back.  These two gents took tool making to a level I have never experienced before, they actually designed and created tools to make tools. As for bespoke production machinery, yes they also designed and made them too!

Frank was a quietly spoken man whom accepted people at face value, he was a welcoming and a very friendly person, a true gentleman who will be sadly missed.

Dave

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%