Unable to reply to 'Railtours and specials' thread

Started by martyn, May 25, 2024, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyn

I can open the pages of the 'Railtours and specials' thread to read them, but can't access the 'member actions' or 'reply' buttons to respond to a post.

Don't know if its related to the ultra long URL in previous message posted at 06;01;55 on 24/5?

Martyn

Newportnobby

That's exactly the problem, Martyn.
If you scroll across the page you'll find the buttons you need for replying.
I've no idea why the forum doesn't wrap some of these long URLs

crewearpley40

Martyn

Apologies
May have been my typing. What did you need to know please?

Is it due to 70000 visiting/ passing?
Mick may have highlighted the issue

chrism

Quote from: martyn on May 25, 2024, 10:47:07 AMI can open the pages of the 'Railtours and specials' thread to read them, but can't access the 'member actions' or 'reply' buttons to respond to a post.

Don't know if its related to the ultra long URL in previous message posted at 06;01;55 on 24/5?

Could well be for that reason - the Reply button does exist, but has been pushed way over to the right (along with the other buttons) on a web browser.
If you don't have the means to scroll right then it won't be available to you

martyn

Quote from: crewearpley40 on May 25, 2024, 10:56:18 AMMartyn

Apologies
May have been my typing. What did you need to know please?

Is it due to 70000 visiting/ passing?
Mick may have highlighted the issue

Yes, I was going to say I've noted the timings,thanks, Chris.

Quote from: chrism on May 25, 2024, 10:56:28 AM
Quote from: martyn on May 25, 2024, 10:47:07 AMI can open the pages of the 'Railtours and specials' thread to read them, but can't access the 'member actions' or 'reply' buttons to respond to a post.

Could well be for that reason - the Reply button does exist, but has been pushed way over to the right (along with the other buttons) on a web browser.
If you don't have the means to scroll right then it won't be available to you

Thanks, chrism-found it on my computer now, but couldn't find anything on my tablet.

Martyn

crewearpley40

Sorry been trying to shop

The link maybe something to do with the activities at Swanage.  One can check the Swanage Railway website direct

They have had issues with their website on demand for tickets

I'm on my phone and apologies if cannot access on a tablet. All links were posted in good faith

And I have received positive feedback re Britannia and events at Swanage

Trainfish

Martyn

I have just amended about 6 links on the most recent page so you should be able to see the required buttons now. Let me know if you can't.

There are also numerous long links on previous pages. I would suggest the OP goes back and amends or deletes them.
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

crewearpley40

Thanks John
Amended

These links were added in good faith and its difficult knowing peoples devices being used or whether access is OK or not. I can always pm links when time permits

Again Martyn Please let me know if need a link

martyn

@Trainfish

Many thanks John. All OK now.

@crewearpley40

Thanks, Chris, but the Forum is generally fine.

Thanks again both.

Martyn

crewearpley40

njee20

It's not the links themselves that are the problem Chris, it's all the user attributes and stuff that get included. You can generally massively reduce long URLs to stop it happening.

crewearpley40

Thanks. Been sorting this most of the day mainly heritage railway websites links Nick and cutting out / editing

Martyn I hope has resolved issues. I cannot understand why the forum is not wrapping those urls. The issue is until I have posted I've not known whether the heritage railway sites showing a legitimate link uses such a long url until editing eg events at Swanage soon

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%