The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Over here, certainly where I am, waste collection is privatised.  Black wheelie bin for, (bagged), general waste, blue bin for recycling and small brown bin for food waste/compost, all collected fortnightly. I pay a standing charge of just over €17 per month, plus pay by weight for the black bin, which is in the region of €7 per empty. The blue and brown bins are free. I don't use the brown bin and the blue bin is filled for every collection, (mainly with squashed cat food tins!),whilst I can normally last a month before the black bin needs emptying. The one problem is that the collection point is just over half a mile away which is not too bad in the summer, but a  :censored: in winter, so last year, I bought myself a second hand trailer - makes the job a lot easier and saves Louisa us pulling the bins up and down our hill.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Browning 9mm

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 10, 2023, 11:20:04 AM
Trying to contact Chorley Council is like trying to knit fog.
3 times I've tried, each lasting over 10 minutes while I have to listen to a strangulated person twanging away on their geetar with appalling sound quality. Dare not mute it in case, Heaven forbid, someone decides to pick the  :censored: phone up.
Grrrrr :veryangry2: :veryangry2: :veryangry2: :veryangry2: :veryangry2:

Edit:- 5th time lucky and spoke to someone as we have a 'large waste collection' booked for Monday at a cost of £90 for 4 armchairs and 3 kitchen appliances which have to be on the drive for 7am. However, the forecast for Sunday is rain so I wanted to query if they still collected wet items. Bloke says if the armchairs are soggy and too heavy they may not collect them. I asked if a soggy armchair is heavier then a fridge/freezer they are OK with even if wet. He said can we cover the armchairs up. I replied we don't have a tarpaulin and that, even if we had, someone would nick the tarpaulin anyway. He said we could cancel the collection but there would be a £5 charge, to which I replied we're not paying them £5 for nothing so left the booking as is. I really don't care if they collect them or not as the address is not my address. Even more  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

careful Mick, carry on like that and you'll be on a diet of jaffa cakes and latte pods  ;D

perhaps you should mention your health issues, and point out that stress exacerbates them, and if that led to your demise your estate would sue them for culpable manslaughter  :hmmm:

Browning 9mm

further to reply 8252

"breath not holding will I be  :*( "

still waiting for the call within 24hrs, just wonder which 24hr period they mean :hmmm: :veryangry:

Newportnobby

So called 'professional' legal people..............
Owing to a change in family circumstances I am in the process of altering my will. Despite me giving my solicitor a typed sheet with all names and addresses, they still managed to send me a draft will with incorrect spelling of names. Why do they assume how to spell names instead of checking? What makes them think they know best?
God only knows they charge enough to act like cretins :veryangry: :veryangry2: :headbutt:

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 22, 2023, 07:43:08 PM
So called 'professional' legal people..............
Owing to a change in family circumstances I am in the process of altering my will. Despite me giving my solicitor a typed sheet with all names and addresses, they still managed to send me a draft will with incorrect spelling of names. Why do they assume how to spell names instead of checking? What makes them think they know best?
God only knows they charge enough to act like cretins :veryangry: :veryangry2: :headbutt:

Ah....  for the cretin service you must have paid extra.  :smiley-laughing:

dannyboy

These days, somebody probably just spoke in to a machine Mick and let Artificial 'Intelligence' deal with it.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

zwilnik

Quote from: dannyboy on May 22, 2023, 07:48:07 PM
These days, somebody probably just spoke in to a machine Mick and let Artificial 'Intelligence' deal with it.
Nah, this one will have required real stupidity. More than likely to feel important the solicitor has to dictate the form to his secretary, which means carefully spelled names will be translated to whatever the secretary thinks they sound like.

Newportnobby

Quote from: zwilnik on May 22, 2023, 07:57:45 PM
Quote from: dannyboy on May 22, 2023, 07:48:07 PM
Nah, this one will have required real stupidity. More than likely to feel important the solicitor has to dictate the form to his secretary, which means carefully spelled names will be translated to whatever the secretary thinks they sound like.

That's probably nailed it :hmmm:

Trainfish

What did they get wrong KnewportKnobby?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Three power cuts so far in three days. For the second and third an automatic e mail is received stating they've cut off electricity while they carry out safety repairs.
Not that I can read those mails 'cos the router goes down when the power does ::)
In fact, all you can hope is there is enough light to read by
Luckily the cut lasts only about ½ an hour so more annoying than causing anger, but I have to reset certain appliances

joe cassidy

Do you not get the e-mails on your mobile telephone  ?

Trainfish

Have you tried setting up emails on a Nobby 3310?

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Browning 9mm

nothing wrong with one of them.
when someone calls you it goes brrr brr brr

when you call someone it goes brr brr brr

what more do you need. ?
turn off voicemail, if it is important they will phone again

mind you, when the adverts started for the new phones that 'flip' I was so impressed I got one

for some reason the daughters were not impressed with the latest tek technology thingy  :hmmm:

Dorsetmike

Being a devout confirmed Luddite I do not have, nor do I want, a mobile phone; no TV either and the only radio is in the bedroom for a bit of Classic FM before lights out, I manage perfectly well with two Windows 7 PCs, one provides music from about 70 x 3 hour playlists, the other is for forums, emails,  jig saw puzzles, online shopping and tasks associated with N gauge modelling like printing backscenes, dowmloading from sites like Scalescenes, driving a plotter cutter to produce building "kits" etc.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

joe cassidy

Mike, you forget to mention your 1970s vintage hi-fi set up  :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations