The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calnefoxile

I have the 'sticky pad' version and my 'sticky pad' lasted about 1 year before failing, mainly due to the really hot weather this year.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything commercial strong enough to hold it, so had to go direct to Nextbase, who sent me a sticky pad for £4.99.

Cheers

Neal.

Newportnobby

Using anything else would, according to Halfords phoneline, void any warranty.
NextBase seem to know there's an issue as there is a spare pad in the box.
There is a 'hatched' area around the rear view mirror on the Qashqai which might be 'rippled' (I'll check tomorrow) but have, in the meantime, contacted Tech Support at NextBase and await some reply.
My car also has a heated front screen if that has any bearing on things.
I really can't see why using double sided tape on the sticky side of the pad would invalidate a warranty :confused1:

dannyboy

I am presuming you mean the little black dots Mick

https://www.shirleyautobody.com/2017/05/15/heres-simple-dots-windshields-help-car/#:~:text=These%20dots%20are%20actually%20called,dots%20at%20the%20outer%20edge.

I have read on a car forum that these black marks, (frits), can hinder suction cups like used on the dashcams, so it is possibly the same for the sticky pads.  :hmmm: It will be interesting to hear what Nextbase have to say.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on December 06, 2022, 07:47:37 PM
I am presuming you mean the little black dots Mick

https://www.shirleyautobody.com/2017/05/15/heres-simple-dots-windshields-help-car/#:~:text=These%20dots%20are%20actually%20called,dots%20at%20the%20outer%20edge.

I have read on a car forum that these black marks, (frits), can hinder suction cups like used on the dashcams, so it is possibly the same for the sticky pads.  :hmmm: It will be interesting to hear what Nextbase have to say.

That's the stuff, David. I believe in the UK they're known as Pom Frits :-X

dannyboy

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Now you are talking double dutch - or sumfink.
David.

Newportnobby

Yeah, I know. It would maybe have been better off in the 'Groaners' :-[

dannyboy

Sorry Mick, you words have to be of a certain calibre to get in the 'Groaners' and those were too good. Sorry, did I say 'good' ........... that is not the word I meant I just can't think of the right word at the moment.
David.

stevewalker

Quote from: Calnefoxile on December 06, 2022, 04:08:21 PM

I have the 'sticky pad' version and my 'sticky pad' lasted about 1 year before failing, mainly due to the really hot weather this year.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything commercial strong enough to hold it, so had to go direct to Nextbase, who sent me a sticky pad for £4.99.

Cheers

Neal.

Probably the special sticky pads used for sticking rear-view mirrors onto windscreens.

Bealman

The interior rear view mirror in the old car would fall off on a regular basis. Try driving through Sydney with no rear vision mirror! It actually happened to me... the bloody thing dropped off as I was in peak traffic.

One of the first things I checked when we picked up the new car was the integrity of the mirror!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

I can't imagine that a bit of double sided tape stuck to their adhesive pad can ever invalidate a warranty. It's not like you are dismantling the darned thing. Just do it Mick.
Assuming you don't mind letting the camera go if you sell the car, superglue it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

kesdrive

Had a dizzy spell a couple of weeks ago and passed out on the floor. Wife calls ambulance. Told none available will have to wait hours.
Ambulance finally turned up from neighbouring area at 4 a.m. 6 3/4 hours after call. I was classed in same category as heart attack victims and strokes!
To cut a long story short i need more tests as i have anemia but cause as yet unknown. Doctor asks me to book blood test and follow up appointment.
I ring surgery for appointment. After over 2 minutes of going through their menu i was told my call was unsuccessful!
So go to surgery. No appointments until January. Finally get 'cancellation' for blood test this thursday. No appointment  available for follow up to discuss results!
Ask to speak to nurse practitioner to discuss my blood pressure medication, which is all over the place due to my condition. Told they are to be seen only in emergencies.
My GP has been advertising for a doctor since the summer. No applicants. The neighbouring surgery (in the same building) has 2 doctors retiring at end of year. No replacements.
Health secretary on TV today spouting that they have hundreds of extra GPs and you can book appointments. What world are they living in.

:veryangry:

Chris

lil chris

Our local council has stopped providing the disposable bags for food, they say they are too expensive. So so much for re-cycling in this area, Bury Lancs. So back to just throwing food waste with the general waste.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

woodbury22uk

Quote from: lil chris on December 07, 2022, 06:18:31 PM
Our local council has stopped providing the disposable bags for food, they say they are too expensive. So so much for re-cycling in this area, Bury Lancs. So back to just throwing food waste with the general waste.

I use a green cone which takes any food waste including bones. The level of material in mine goes down as quickly as I add stuff. I have had it for about 10 years. The "digested" stuff gets absorbed into the soil, even on my heavy clay. It was relatively inexpensive when I bought it, and seems to be out of stock until after Christmas now.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Trainfish

I have 2 green cones otherwise known as compost bins. Unfortunately they rarely get used as food doesn't get a chance to be wasted in my house  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

lil chris

Good idea but slight problem I do not have a garden just a back yard, well never mind.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations