The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

I understand where both of you are coming from but I'd miss the golf if I got rid of Sky. I've made a few complaints and to be honest they've all been handled very well. Maybe either I've just been lucky or you weren't so lucky?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

OwL

Being a good customer, they messed up on a simple thing which they didnt resolve causing me to be out of pocket. I binned them after 3 months of them messing up all the time.

They phoned me up a few months after i cancelled, asking me why i left. The manager said my issue was easy to fix, so i said why did they not sort it out at the time?
Incompetent with no easy way to complain.
Steer Clear!
Just a shame they have monopoly on Football and Golf!

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Newportnobby

Quote from: spurno on February 03, 2013, 03:47:55 PM
back to the angry thread.i hate marmite with a passion.it's on a par with vomit. :P :P :P

Marmite's easier to spread, though :-X

Sprintex

Quote from: class37025 on February 03, 2013, 03:51:38 PM
Quote from: spurno on February 03, 2013, 03:47:55 PM
back to the angry thread.i hate marmite with a passion.it's on a par with vomit. :P :P :P

thanks for the heads up, I've never eaten vomit  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

I have, it's marketed under the brand name of Heinz Sandwich Spread  :D

Paul

longbridge

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

MikeDunn

Lawrence

Quote from: Trainfish on February 03, 2013, 04:49:08 PM

Lawrence, you've as much chance of success as I have of BT calling me today to arrange a visit.

7 out of 8 screws took okay, the eighth one the plug just spun round  :veryangry: so removed the plug, filled the now cavernous hole with as much filler as I could and gently pushed a fresh plug in, hopefully the filler doesn't shrink too much and I can get the screw in tomorrow when it's set  :worried:

Trainfish

It's always the last one which doesn't play ball. If all else fails you can try plasterboard fixings which I had some success with in the last house.

This type I usually find best. Or you can have a look at this  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

OwL

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

saddler

MikeDunn

tim-pelican

Quote from: Lawrence on February 03, 2013, 09:11:18 PM
7 out of 8 screws took okay, the eighth one the plug just spun round  :veryangry: so removed the plug, filled the now cavernous hole with as much filler as I could and gently pushed a fresh plug in, hopefully the filler doesn't shrink too much and I can get the screw in tomorrow when it's set  :worried:

I had the spinning syndrome with some shelves in the bedroom.  Grabbed some two-part putty (GW 'Green Stuff') from the modelling drawer, that sets lovely and hard without much in the way of shrinkage.  The shelves are still up (although about to come down again for decorating) :)

Sprintex

Quote from: MikeDunn on February 03, 2013, 09:09:20 PM
Quote from: longbridge on February 03, 2013, 09:04:43 PM
Real men eat Vegemite
But - Kraft is Krap  :P

Kraft is NOT krap  :telloff:

They make the best cheddar on the supermarket shelves - Crackerbarrel !!  :P

Paul

Trainfish

Angry is maybe a bit over the top but a little annoyed I have to say.
Won 3 items tonight on ebay. 1 lot of 2x coaches. 1 lot of 1x coach. 1 lot of 1x wagon. Postage advertised for these is standard 2nd class at £3.95, £3.95 and £3.50 respectively. The seller has kindly reduced the postage to £7.90 but still 2nd class standard.
Is it just me or is this a little steep?

I only ever charge what it costs me, I don't charge for packaging either but that's my choice. By my reckoning unless he's sending these in an oak box it will cost him £3.15 to post.
John

<*))))><

Sprintex

Some people believe in charging for packaging, time to pack it, and even a contribution to the cost of getting to Post Office!  :no:

You might think that's taking the pee a bit, but the bottom line is if you don't like the postage cost don't bid - no-one's forcing you to buy them  ;)

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations