The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Parking fees at hospitals is a joke. And sometimes as we have read here you don't know how long you could be and then they fine you for over staying. Our local hospital is a district hospital and you have to pay and the big one in Newcastle, the John hunter is very expensive. My wife is a reg nurse and she even had to pay when she worked there total madness. Not sure what's worse the $5 per hour or the risk of a $125 fine
Bart

Jerry Howlett

Blood boiling over the Hospital parking charges. Mrs H was admitted to Hampstead Hospital about 8 years ago with a  brain haemorrhage and my waiting for the outcome was not helped by the fact that I had to keep going outside to buy extra parking Pay & display tickets for fear of being clamped. This was getting on for midnight ! Operation well lets guess how much to pay in advance.... :veryangry:

Lat experience was somewhat better, Bath Hospital last month taking my Mum for a check up, at least they have barrier controlled car paks and you pay when you leave.

Here in Italy our local Hospitals not only let you park for fre they even have sheltered parking , keeps the rain off in winter and stops your car boiling in summer.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

H

Yep, parking fees at hospitals are a pain, but a couple of things in mittigation;

When I had to have a series of regular treatments (3 times a week over several months) they provided a free parking pass (to activate the barriers) to attend. Also if you are kept in as an in-patient (rather than just attending as an out-patient appointment) they tell you not to worry, take your registration and advise the security people accordingly. Mind you they're never too happy to let you drive after an operation.

H.

Kipper

The hospitals around here (which I frequent on a regular basis), usually charge around £3 an hour. I was pleasantly surprised on my last visit - not only did I get seen almost immediately, but when I got back to the pay machine, I had been less than half an hour and the parking was free. Good job I hadn't stopped for a Costa coffee.

Trainfish

Quote from: H on December 20, 2012, 06:17:05 PM
Yep, parking fees at hospitals are a pain, but a couple of things in mittigation;

When I had to have a series of regular treatments (3 times a week over several months) they provided a free parking pass (to activate the barriers) to attend. Also if you are kept in as an in-patient (rather than just attending as an out-patient appointment) they tell you not to worry, take your registration and advise the security people accordingly. Mind you they're never too happy to let you drive after an operation.

H.

I broke my cheekbone a while back and had to have regular visits to the RUH in Bath including someone taking me there for the op to put it right and picking me up after. I then claimed all the costs back from them. Try it, it's worth a go.

The wife is a nurse in Swindon and she has to pay £1 per day but can only do that 6 times every 2 weeks. She then has to pay the full rate. Luckily she only works 3 days per week normally.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

scotsoft

Quote from: Kipper on December 20, 2012, 07:27:18 PM
Good job I hadn't stopped for a Costa coffee.

There is another total ripoff  :veryangry:

I make a fresh pot of coffee before I leave, fill my flask, which holds just under 1 pint, it is well over 40 years old and still keeps the coffee hot  ;)

cheers John.

davidjhope

Quote from: davidjhope on December 19, 2012, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: davidjhope on December 16, 2012, 07:21:36 PM
Still no Saloon from the N gauge Society.
Ordered it at the start of November.
Only reply was that they have a load of unopened orders
No help to me...

Getting worried

David
Confirmation that it was posted yesterday.
Now more waiting
fingers crossed
:claphappy:
Arrived this morning (I think) This is because I have given the parcel to my wife to wrap for Christmas.
I'm so excited
:NGaugersRule:

daveg

Quote from: davidjhope on December 21, 2012, 07:26:54 PM
Quote from: davidjhope on December 19, 2012, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: davidjhope on December 16, 2012, 07:21:36 PM
Still no Saloon from the N gauge Society.
Ordered it at the start of November.
Only reply was that they have a load of unopened orders
No help to me...

Getting worried

David
Confirmation that it was posted yesterday.
Now more waiting
fingers crossed
:claphappy:
Arrived this morning (I think) This is because I have given the parcel to my wife to wrap for Christmas.
I'm so excited
:NGaugersRule:

Excellent!  :D

Happy days ahead.

Dave G

EtchedPixels

Grrr... playing circular games of silly buggers with my employers support and HR people (who appear to be on the far side of the globe and only exist via a web form). Finally got sufficiently annoyed with them to explain either they give me the tax info I need or I do it the hard way and the company data protection officer gets a free headache.

The answer to "my accountant thinks you've got a tax deduction wrong" is not "all the necessary information is on the intranet"
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

guest311

in to work tonight to be told that 9% of us are being made redundant, winners being told monday.

merry ******* xmas ! :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: class37025 on December 21, 2012, 09:17:26 PM
in to work tonight to be told that 9% of us are being made redundant, winners being told monday.

merry ******* xmas ! :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Sorry to hear that, makes wanting to (metaphorically) strangle the HR department seem rather minor. Good luck for Monday.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

guest311

cheers EP, hopefully night shift will be safe, as they can't cut our manning levels any more, and as I understand it you don't make the person redundant, but the post, so if any of us got the chop that should mean they couldn't put someone else on nights instead doing the same job.

mind you, since when did firms obey the law ?

Newportnobby

Not that any timing for redundancies is right, but Christmas Eve really sucks.
Good luck from someone who's been there :thumbsup:

Lawrence

We have been under threat of closure for two and a half years now, not a comfortable position to be in so I can empathise with you.

Maybe, one day, the MOD will make their ******* minds up and actually make a decision based on actual security requirements rather than penny pinching  :veryangry:

guest311

Quote from: Lawrence on December 21, 2012, 10:40:01 PM
Maybe, one day, the MOD will make their ******* minds up and actually make a decision based on actual security requirements rather than penny pinching  :veryangry:

steady on there, you'll be expecting them to get value for money next !

I'm surprised they haven't decided, in view of the increased number of noise complaints at Brize now that the Hercs are there, that they haven't come up with the idea of putting them on the new carriers that haven't got any aircraft !

or perhaps that is in the pipeline  :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations