So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Okay, they were posted in the wrong order.  ;) (It's all my bruvvers fault!).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Yeah - that should work....................................................................................not

TrevL

:laughabovepost:
I really hope she did that for a joke, although, these days you never know.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 11, 2020, 10:53:10 AM
Yeah - that should work....................................................................................not

Definitely won't work as it looks like the 2001 version. She needs at least 2019, probably 2020.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

No, the 20s no good, it's not backward compatible with 19.

chrism

Surely it needs to be the Covid-19 version?

Intercity

Not yet isolated, still have to show up for work, down to 4 days a week and operating 8 out of 13 routes, 2 of them shortened due to low (read as 0) ridership, we have had over 100 positive cases and 4 deaths so far, it gets scary and very real when you sign on for the day.

Trainfish

I'm also still working. Tried working from home but when you're trying to manage 15 staff some of them take advantage with no manager on site. 750 people usually work where I am, down to around 250 split over 3 shifts at the moment and as we are a facilities provider we have to be there if they have staff on site. They have 1 less on site now as we were given the sad news on Friday that he had died, suspected COVID-19 victim. Never went to hospital as he didn't want to so died at home. He won't be included in the statistics you see each day, as won't many others  :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

NinOz

Trying to make sense of gov requirements here in Qld for state border restrictions (Qld/NSW).
91 year old parent living in northern NSW who members of the family normally visit at least once per week for shopping, etc but with border restrictions in place may or may not be possible.  Official announcements say conflicting things, even gov web sites have differing statements.  ???
Clarity and consistency would be nice for a change. :confused1:
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Bealman

Yes it's a bit of a mess up there from what I see on the TV.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Has someone declared an end to the lockdown in England?

Did one of my bike rides today and on these quiet Lincolnshire lanes I would usually see only three or four cars being driven, and a small number of delivery vans and farm vehicles. This has been the norm since the lockdown began.

Today the delivery vans and farm vehicle numbers were the same, but the number of cars had increased to somewhere like twelve or more.

Since coming home and resting in my lounge it is also very obvious that the number of cars passing has significantly increased, almost back to the normal 5pm to 6pm quantity. It's a quiet country road, and of late maybe five or six cars would pass in that hour. I've seen/heard at least twenty today, which is almost the pre-virus number,

And a few minutes ago a group of four teenage girls on cycles rode noisily by in close formation.

:censored: :censored: :censored:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

It's not dissimilar here today.
We too have fairly quiet lanes but today there has been a marked increase in vehicles (particularly cars) compared to the last three weeks.
First thing this morning when we did our daily walk (8.45 ish) it was quiet but particularly since lunchtime it has been much busier.
It's a worrying trend if it continues suggesting that perhaps people are starting to disregard the advice.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

chrism

Quote from: port perran on April 14, 2020, 06:51:52 PM
It's not dissimilar here today.
We too have fairly quiet lanes but today there has been a marked increase in vehicles (particularly cars) compared to the last three weeks.
First thing this morning when we did our daily walk (8.45 ish) it was quiet but particularly since lunchtime it has been much busier.
It's a worrying trend if it continues suggesting that perhaps people are starting to disregard the advice.

Maybe they've finally run out of their stockpiled bog roll  :D

Newportnobby

I've just read about a family of 4 from Middlesex who yesterday attempted to drive to the Lake District for a day out. According to Lancashire police, who turned them back, they thought it was OK because they were wearing masks and gloves ::) :veryangry:

themadhippy

QuoteIt's a worrying trend if it continues suggesting that perhaps people are starting to disregard the advice.
Or maybe there better at maths than the government. The initial lock down began on 23 march for 3 week unless we heard different,those 3 weeks ended yesterday,The government,being it usual efficient self didn't manage to pass the legislation until  26 march,quietly extending the initial lockdown period by 3 days.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations