Is it still Christmas?

Started by Ed, January 05, 2024, 01:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

PLD

I think they are confusing the Religious Festivals "Christmas" and "Easter" with the similarly named but totally unrelated 3-month commercial seasons "Overpriced C*** Gifts you'd never normally waste money on" and "Overpriced Novelty Shaped Chocolate"...  :veryangry:

Newportnobby

My sister told me she popped into her local Morrisons on New Years Eve and they had Easter eggs and hot cross buns on the shelves ::)

chrism

Quote from: PLD on January 05, 2024, 02:16:14 PMI think they are confusing the Religious Festivals "Christmas" and "Easter" with the similarly named but totally unrelated 3-month commercial seasons "Overpriced C*** Gifts you'd never normally waste money on" and "Overpriced Novelty Shaped Chocolate"...  :veryangry:

Only 3-months? Some of the shops around here had their Christmas displays up in early September !!!

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 05, 2024, 02:18:38 PMMy sister told me she popped into her local Morrisons on New Years Eve and they had Easter eggs and hot cross buns on the shelves ::)

Tesco do hot cross buns all year round.

Steven B

I've seen Cadbury's Creme eggs on sale on the 26th Dec!

My favourite comes from a few years ago when a local Tesco was selling BBQ charcoal alongside Christmas puddings and mince-pies (the latter with a best before date long before December!).

Steven B.

PLD

Quote from: Steven B on January 05, 2024, 02:32:59 PMMy favourite comes from a few years ago when a local Tesco was selling BBQ charcoal alongside Christmas puddings and mince-pies (the latter with a best before date long before December!).
Similar to the one a couple of years ago that strategically placed the leftover boxes of chocolates (best before date 31 Jan) next to the valentines cards...

dannyboy

As I said to Louisa, "You can tell it's Christmas, there is another advert' on the tv for next years summer holidays".  ::)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: chrism on January 05, 2024, 02:23:04 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on January 05, 2024, 02:18:38 PMMy sister told me she popped into her local Morrisons on New Years Eve and they had Easter eggs and hot cross buns on the shelves ::)

I knows. I buys 'em 'cos I love 'em :)

At least virtually all the ads for perfumes etc have gone away.

Quote from: PLD on January 05, 2024, 02:44:30 PM
Quote from: Steven B on January 05, 2024, 02:32:59 PMMy favourite comes from a few years ago when a local Tesco was selling BBQ charcoal alongside Christmas puddings and mince-pies (the latter with a best before date long before December!).
Similar to the one a couple of years ago that strategically placed the leftover boxes of chocolates (best before date 31 Jan) next to the valentines cards...

They're for the blokes who get the flowers to go with them from garages :laugh:

zwilnik

I just had to drive back from the airport in time to avoid the road blocks for the Three Kings procession here. So yes it is still Christmas (at least until they've done machine gunning the kids with sweets)

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 05, 2024, 04:14:18 PM
Quote from: chrism on January 05, 2024, 02:23:04 PM

I knows. I buys 'em 'cos I love 'em :)

Nice to know I'm not the only one  :smiley-laughing:

Trainfish

What I don't understand is that many people moan about Easter eggs being on the shelves etc but shops and retail experts are not stupid. They obviously sell enough to warrant them taking up space on shelves which could be used for other goods so there's only really 1 answer. STOP BUYING THEM whoever you are!  :no:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

I like Easter eggiweggies, especially Cadburys  :P
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

BobB

Yes, it's still Christmas. Today is Christmas Eve, tomorrow is orthodox Christmas. Not enough room on the shop shelves for Easter stuff yet. Maybe they'll appear after old new year's celebration on the 14th.

stevewalker

Our local Sainsburys started stripping the shelves of Christmas items and replacing them with Easter ones on the day of Christmas Eve! My wife is enjoying the new stock of Creme Eggs though.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations