New run of the Dapol 9F announced

Started by N_GaugeModeller, May 18, 2021, 01:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_GaugeModeller

Hi all

Just incase anyone does not get emails from Rails of Sheffield and others.

Dapol have just announced a new production run of their 9F locomotive.

Shame the Evening Star will only be available in a 4 coach pack as that was the one I was hopping for.

Expected availability Q4 2021 to Q1 2022

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/3504/dapol-n-gauge-class-9f

Nice to see some new stock coming soon (ish) for N-Gauge.

NGM
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

msr

At least a lined green one will be available on its own as 92214 (2s-013-009). Let's hope it comes with the two nameplate sets: 'Central Star' and  'Leicester City'.

joe cassidy

Capri_sam

Interesting that the coaching pack for the Pines Express set is made up of Gresley stock - I know Dapol have to work with what they make, but as far as I know Gresleys were only used as occasional strengtheners on the Pines. Nothing wrong with them, but four is probably more than you'd ever see on one train, and it does mean you'll want to pad them out with some Staniers or MK1s from Farish for a more authentic experience.

That's not a complaint (I've pre-ordered mine already), more an observation. Any excuse to add more variety to my rolling stock, and it offers a pretty realistic Newcastle-Bournemouth cross-country train from the same period!

Paddy

Quote from: msr on May 18, 2021, 01:44:53 PM
At least a lined green one will be available on its own as 92214 (2s-013-009). Let's hope it comes with the two nameplate sets: 'Central Star' and  'Leicester City'.

Mmm, I assume this is a preserved loco livery as there was only one BR Green 9F back in the day (92220)?

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Steven B

Yay, no more searching on eBay for an Evening Star!

The models announced are as follows:
2S-013-006 92079 BR unlined black early crest
2S-013-007 92051 BR unlined black early crest
2S-013-008 92189 BR unlined black late crest
2S-013-009 92214 BR Lined Green Late Crest (preserved livery!)
2S-013-010 The Pines Express 92220 Evening Star with four Gresley Maroon Coaches

All single models are RRP £135, Evening Star train pack RRP £250.

Evening Star's been done twice before - once as a Collectors Club exclusive and again as a general release model in weathered condition.

The train pack is a little odd - The Pines Express (Manchester to Bournemouth) was a BR(M) service and would have run with either Mk1s or LMS vehicles rather than LNER Gresley coaches. I wonder which types they'll include?

Steven B.

Bigmac

i wonder if dapol have done anything about the running / pulling ability ?  Very keen price.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Bigmac

Quote from: Steven B on May 18, 2021, 02:41:12 PM
Yay, no more searching on eBay for an Evening Star!

The models announced are as follows:
2S-013-006 92079 BR unlined black early crest
2S-013-007 92051 BR unlined black early crest
2S-013-008 92189 BR unlined black late crest
2S-013-009 92214 BR Lined Green Late Crest (preserved livery!)
2S-013-010 The Pines Express 92220 Evening Star with four Gresley Maroon Coaches

All single models are RRP £135, Evening Star train pack RRP £250.

Evening Star's been done twice before - once as a Collectors Club exclusive and again as a general release model in weathered condition.

The train pack is a little odd - The Pines Express (Manchester to Bournemouth) was a BR(M) service and would have run with either Mk1s or LMS vehicles rather than LNER Gresley coaches. I wonder which types they'll include?

Steven B.

check Rail's prices !
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Newportnobby

Sadly the 2 I have are so fragile I hardly dare run them so won't be risking another :(

Thorpe Parva

Hattons have them at the same price as Rails - £114.75

I was hoping that they would upgrade to loco-drive and/or a Crosti version but any 9F is welcome. I only have 1 and it runs OK but I still dislike the Dapol drive-shaft system. I will be ordering at least one of these.

Simon D.

QuoteLet's hope it comes with the two nameplate sets: 'Central Star' and  'Leicester City'.

Leicester City - to coincide with winning the FA Cup?  Always wondered why Dapol didn't produce the Terriers 'Millwall' or Fulham - obvious marketing opportunities...

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Bigmac on May 18, 2021, 02:42:48 PM
i wonder if dapol have done anything about the running / pulling ability ?  Very keen price.

Yes I'm wondering if there are any changes or improvements to the models?  Not that I'm in the market for one, just curious. 

I have one of the original release Evening Stars, it comes out of the box maybe once or twice a year when I feel like stirring the mechanisms of my British N collection. Looks nice but doesn't pull like the old Minitrix 2-10-0 could.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Roy L S

Pricing looks very keen bearing in mind that when these were launched I think RRP was £105 for the first (and very flaky compared to later ones) batch in about 2007.

Roy

PLD

Quote from: Thorpe Parva on May 18, 2021, 03:03:08 PM
I was hoping that they would upgrade to loco-drive and/or a Crosti version but any 9F is welcome. I only have 1 and it runs OK but I still dislike the Dapol drive-shaft system.
It does divide opinion... Personally, I'd take the Dapol cardan shaft driving the loco wheels over the Farish tender drive for aesthetics when in motion. There's nothing worse than the loco skidding along with the wheels not turning propelled by a buzzing box... Admittedly both are beaten hands down by a loco mounted motor driving the loco wheels directly like the new 8Fs...

Fardap

Link below for the Dapol online catalogue page 37 has the details, not sure if they are changed from previous versions.

http://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/36/index.html

Guessing as it is a 6 pin decoder then it hasn't had any significant changes as they may have switched it to Next18 if they had?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations