Hattons honouring Farish pre-order prices until this Saturday

Started by Karhedron, May 14, 2014, 09:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithfre

Luke Piewalker

I've joined the panic ordering with a 477 and DBSO...  :sweat:

gc4946

Quote from: newportnobby on May 14, 2014, 04:43:10 PM
I've just mailed Rails to see if they will honour the prices on pre-orders I placed in March last year totalling some £750, so thanks for the heads up and I'll report back on receipt of a reply :worried:

I'm also interested in their reply as Rails is my preferred supplier - however I won't pre-order stuff just for the sake of it, only if there was something forthcoming that fits into my collection.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

scottmitchell74

"sigh" I want to strike while prices are still lower, but my budget is gone for now.  :veryangry: In fact, going to Ehattons right now is just an exercise in torture. Why are they all so pretty?
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Maurits71

Have we all not made a lot of noise whilst at the end the problem isn't as big as it looked like. yes the buses etc are much more expensive, yes the coaches are getting 20 % more expensive, but on the loco side price increases of 3,4 5% ?

Don't understand me wrong I also want to buy as cheap as possible, but 5 % is reasonable and for the coaches, they will appear cheaper soon because they are over priced now and once everybody refuse to buy them the price will come back to an acceptable level ?

just my 2 cents...

M.
Hills and Meadows on social media

For Hills and Meadows video channel please click here

For Hills and Meadows on facebook please click here

PaulCheffus

Quote from: gc4946 on May 14, 2014, 05:45:11 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on May 14, 2014, 04:43:10 PM
I've just mailed Rails to see if they will honour the prices on pre-orders I placed in March last year totalling some £750, so thanks for the heads up and I'll report back on receipt of a reply :worried:

I'm also interested in their reply as Rails is my preferred supplier - however I won't pre-order stuff just for the sake of it, only if there was something forthcoming that fits into my collection.

Hi

According to the Rails price promise on their website the prices are only valid for 12 months from order date. So I would interpret that to mean anything ordered prior to May 2013 will be subjected to a price increase.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Newportnobby

The reply so far is it has to be referred to the Manager tomorrow.
Perhaps I ought to hint that I'm a member of the NGF with 3434 members >:D

Karhedron

Quote from: newportnobby on May 14, 2014, 08:20:13 PM

Power to the people!  :NGF:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Newportnobby

Quote from: Karhedron on May 14, 2014, 08:22:09 PM

Power to the people!  :NGF:

Too right, Foxy Wolfy

MattJ

Hmmm... thinking about the green Warship "Onslaught" to go with the maroon "Hermes"...  :hmmm:
They're there for their tea.

Chetcombe

Many thanks for the heads up Karhedron  :thankyousign:

A weathered Class 25, a nice looking BR Blue weathered Warship and a Class 31 now on pre-order at the old prices :D

But why, oh why did I have to order another Dapol Western at the same time ;) Another parcel to hide from the mrs...
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

trkilliman

Well I have sucumbed and pre-orderd a 64xx from Hattons, at the current price on their site. Looking forward to a Dapol Grange or two but future Farish purchases will be well considered before parting with my money. I'm intrigued to see how Dapol respond with any price increases in their range.

Newportnobby

OK - I have had a response from the Manager at Rails and their position is this:-

Of course, they will honour the 12 month price freeze from date of order.

Some items which previously carried a price now read "TBA". This is because Bachmann have pulled those prices and not given new ones. It would appear Bachmann themselves do not know how much they will be charged by China so cannot give an RRP to the stockist. Rails have been/are badgering Bachmann for information.

If, when the items arrive at Rails, the price is different to any you may have been quoted Rails will contact you on the basis of "Your order is now in but the price is £?? - do you still require it?"

I was also informed this price rise is possibly an interim one to another rise in July. More information will be posted as it comes to me.

I think you must make your own decision as to move anything to Hattons in order to catch their price guarantee, but I feel convinced Rails are doing their best in a difficult situation whilst trying to remain competitive and in business. From my own experience in the commercial world I think what Hattons are doing is great from our point of view but also think it will bite them in the backside profit wise.

shandy

How does this 12 month thing work?

If a product was pre-ordered in May 2013 by me, and my mate ordered it in November 2013 at the same pre-order price. Then the price goes up and the products are delivered in June 2014. Do I get my order bounced and pay the full price but my mate is OK 'cos he ordered it later.

Doesn't seem very fair to penalise my earlier commitment :hmmm:

PaulCheffus

Hi

That's how I read it and to be fair to Rails it is clearly stated on their website under the price promise link.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100%