Dapol (re)announce HST Protype train - open for pre-orders

Started by NGS-PO, September 08, 2018, 01:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Quote from: Shiney Sheff on August 25, 2020, 03:46:38 PM
So, if I have got this right, if you have ordered a power car and trailer and the two packs of coaches along with the restaurant pack, there are 12 vehicles in all.?

Bob

Hi Bob
I thought i posted this before, but I'll try again.

Dapol have made two packs of SO-SO-FO-FO coaches and one pack of TRUB-TRUK restaurant vehicles. (NB someone might say they are TSO not SO and the catering coaches are wrong, but lets go with it for now). So in total you may have to buy 10 coaches to make the typical consists that I've seen in many photos.

The in service WR Paddington-Weston route was mainly Power Car-SO-SO-TRUB-SO-TRUK-FO-FO-Power Car.
I've seen another FO added in on the ECML trains, and possibly on the WR too. I dont think it ever did get up to 12 car in revenue earning service.

HTH
Bob

Skyline2uk

Interested in the Prototype but can't justify the cash on a model way before my era.

Enjoying seeing everybody getting there's though...however a bit concerned at the amount of people who seem to have been given the wrong power cars. In fact I have yet to see a single picture of the non-RTC ones.

Hope it gets resolved soon for everybody.

Skyline2uk

Bob G

I've just fallen foul of the Dapol pickers as well.

Coach Pack 1 - check
Coach Pack 2 - check
Buffet Pack - check
Departmental HST Power Cars - Definitely not!!!!!!! I mean when you have all the coaches, you are going to buy the In Service version, surely?

Unfortunately the packing list says that what I bought, but that's not what I ordered.

Phone call tomorrow I guess.
Bob

Ollie3440

Evening all,

Really glad to see these actually make it to market, a model I image many would have thought we'd never see.

Not ordered one myself purely as at the time costs were against me and the fact I'd only want the preserved powercar. So on that if these do go on general release and someone out there only wants 41002 then I'm sure some sort of arrangement could be reached!

Cheers

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Dizz

Mine arrived today, am dead chuffed :D

Now to sort out some sound decoders.............

Bob G

Its a good gob I was allowed to examine my Birthday present, as Dapol had sent me the wrong Power Cars.

And I have had an interesting call to Dapol this morning.

I wanted to return the Departmental HST they had sent in error, and they gave me two choices.
1. Keep the wrong one and they will give me a 15% refund.
2. Send it back Freepost.

Of course, I wanted to send it back, but it turns out that their invoicing system suffered a glitch and this is not an uncommon problem.

Oh dear! Anyone else been sent the wrong HST? I think their system is fine for Departmental purchases!

Bob

Adam1701D

Quote from: Dizz on August 25, 2020, 09:51:22 PM
Mine arrived today, am dead chuffed :D

Now to sort out some sound decoders.............

Looks great but you've been sent the Departmental power cars...
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Bob G on August 26, 2020, 09:33:58 AM
Its a good gob I was allowed to examine my Birthday present, as Dapol had sent me the wrong Power Cars.

And I have had an interesting call to Dapol this morning.

I wanted to return the Departmental HST they had sent in error, and they gave me two choices.
1. Keep the wrong one and they will give me a 15% refund.
2. Send it back Freepost.

Of course, I wanted to send it back, but it turns out that their invoicing system suffered a glitch and this is not an uncommon problem.

Oh dear! Anyone else been sent the wrong HST? I think their system is fine for Departmental purchases!

Bob

Bob, so many people appear to have been sent the departmental power cars in error (seemingly because of a glitch Dapol are now aware of) that I am starting to become a Passenger Power Car denier, because I have not seen a single photo of the set yet!

Skyline2uk

Snowwolflair

My power car was fine it was the kitchen cars that were wrong in my order.

Bob G

Quote from: Skyline2uk on August 26, 2020, 09:43:02 AM

Bob, so many people appear to have been sent the departmental power cars in error (seemingly because of a glitch Dapol are now aware of) that I am starting to become a Passenger Power Car denier, because I have not seen a single photo of the set yet!

Skyline2uk

@Snowwolflair has got his - but he got a wrong coach pack!

njee20

Yours remain the only 'in service' ones I've seen! I wonder if actually the screw up is further up the chain and they don't have anywhere near enough 'in service' powercars, hence incestivising people to keep the wrong ones. I really hope Dapol haven't snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, again!

Snowwolflair

Youchoos are sending me sound decoders for the weekend and I will post photos on their installation. :)

Skyline2uk

@Snowwolflair

Thanks for that, good to know they exists.

I do hope there are enough to go around for people who are expecting them.

Skyline2uk

Adam1701D

I've ordered the RTC pair. Hope I get the right ones...
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Shropshire Lad

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations