RIP Bernie Marsden

Started by Trainfish, August 25, 2023, 07:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

As soon as I heard the news I thought, "Here I go again". I hate being my age sometimes especially where most of my favourite musicians are just slightly older than me.
I've seen Bernie several times with Whitesnake, solo and with his own band. A really decent chap who I was lucky enough to chat to once as well just a few, maybe 5, years ago.
I have a tear in my eye right now  :*(
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

A great shame.
I saw him in Bristol many years ago in what was basically a Whitesnake line up but I think they called themselves Bernie Marsden's Blues Band.

Firstone18

Very sad to hear this news. My kids went to the same infant school as his, and we still live in the same village. Last saw him with Rick Wakeman at Stowe School a few years ago. During lock down we did sometimes see Fran as we walked round the village, My thoughts with the family.
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Bealman

I'm sorry, guys, but I have no idea who he is. I shall do a Google.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

chrism

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on August 26, 2023, 08:48:21 AMI'm sorry, guys, but I have no idea who he is. I shall do a Google.

I'm guessing you're not a metalhead then. Probably most famous for co-writing this with David Coverdale (ex Deep Purple) whilst with Whitesnake. I like the original but also this acoustic version which many have probably not heard. Jon Lord (also ex Deep Purple) on keys of course.

John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Moonglum

That is a bit different to the version I have on "Live - In the Still of the Night" by Whitesnake! Dear old Jon Lord as well RIP.

Cheers,

Tim

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £75.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
75% 
July Donations