Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Trainfish

Quote from: Browning 9mm on August 14, 2023, 12:58:01 PMI'm confused with all these Jasons, though not as much as the time I had an e-mail from DPD telling me 'Dave' would deliver my parcel, and opened the door to very nice young lady...

'hello Da.... ahhh' :-[

Well it is 2023 now. She/he/they may well have been called Dave.

Almost makes me want to dig out my doorcam video of our post lady...........
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><


See my latest Youtube video                          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
See a random video of mine                           >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
An even older random video of mine             >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<

dannyboy

I suppose 'Jason is to couriers, as 'Mick/Mike' is to certain forums.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Nbodger

Quote from: dannyboy on August 14, 2023, 01:09:46 PMI suppose 'Jason is to couriers, as 'Mick/Mike' is to certain forums.  ;)

You taking the Michael  :veryangry:


Foxhound

Quote from: Browning 9mm on August 14, 2023, 12:58:01 PMI'm confused with all these Jasons, though not as much as the time I had an e-mail from DPD telling me 'Dave' would deliver my parcel, and opened the door to very nice young lady...

'hello Da.... ahhh' :-[

I have a work colleague called Davina, and everyone calls her Dave at her insistence.  :confused1:
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

The Q

We received a parcel Saturday
According to the supplier it was picked up Wednesday..
Herpes / Evri only acknowledged that on the tracker Saturday. It got delivered before it left the depot!!!

Foxhound

#3037
Quote from: The Q on August 14, 2023, 02:28:41 PMWe received a parcel Saturday
According to the supplier it was picked up Wednesday..
Herpes / Evri only acknowledged that on the tracker Saturday. It got delivered before it left the depot!!!


Not unusual! I have recently purchased stuff from an online site and selected Not Next Day as I was going to be at work. Returned home to find a 'Delivery failed' card and then got an email saying it was out for delivery. It turned up again next day, but the failed delivery card didn't tell me that either!
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Foxhound

Amazon Prime - Next day delivery.

Or, in practice, four days time.

*Grrr*

 :(
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

The Q

Generally if it's UK stock you will get it next day delivery with prime. But if it's from the EU 4 days is about normal.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Foxhound on August 14, 2023, 02:22:55 PM
Quote from: Browning 9mm on August 14, 2023, 12:58:01 PMI'm confused with all these Jasons, though not as much as the time I had an e-mail from DPD telling me 'Dave' would deliver my parcel, and opened the door to very nice young lady...

'hello Da.... ahhh' :-[

I have a work colleague called Davina, and everyone calls her Dave at her insistence.  :confused1:

Is her real name Rodney?

Newportnobby

I've had a mail from BT to say landlines are being phased out over the next months and I will need to plug my home phone into my router to receive the digital version of the landline.
They say the price will reman the same and I say "Why?"
Having paid a monthly landline fee all these years and as I'm paying them for my broadband anyway I would have thought no landline = a saving for me :confused1:  :scowl:

Foxhound

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 22, 2023, 10:58:20 AMI've had a mail from BT to say landlines are being phased out over the next months and I will need to plug my home phone into my router to receive the digital version of the landline.
They say the price will reman the same and I say "Why?"
Having paid a monthly landline fee all these years and as I'm paying them for my broadband anyway I would have thought no landline = a saving for me :confused1:  :scowl:
Ah, capitalism.  ;)
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 22, 2023, 10:58:20 AMI would have thought no landline = a saving for me :confused1:  :scowl:

Don't be silly - they still want their money from some source. I do not know anything about it, but there is a free way of making telephone calls over the internet - no doubt someone will know what I am talking about.  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

I get free calls to most numbers (apart from mobiles) anyway but will wait and see what the deal is. If push comes to shove I'll do what many do and sling the home phone and just use my mobile.
That way, all I'd be paying BT for is my broadband and BT Sports

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £88.45
Below Goal: £11.55
Site Currency: GBP
88% 
February Donations