what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

QuoteTried my first Kestrel kits

I always thought these where a bit under-scale tbh. Build a few in my time, but when I was much younger and much worse at that sort of thing!

tadpole

Simplifying the junction at Salisbury South, moving it closer to the station and creating more space between the main Exeter line and Salisbury City branch. I will then move the diesel depot into that space.

This will avoid the need for WR diesels to shunt across the SR third rail tracks to reach their trains which I always felt was just plain wrong.
Two rails good. Three better.

Skyline2uk

Enjoying my first trouble free running session since the layout was re-assembled.

Just solved a bit of a dead spot under the fly-over with a cotton bud, meths and a bit of elbow - grease. Add to this running my cleaning train (see Filton TMD thread) round and round a few times, serving the dual purpose of cleaning and properly running in my class 73, and its been a good night.

Skyline2uk

bluedepot

1. adding yard lights then platform lights.  yard lights are old stlyle midland lamps for sidings (p&d marsh, non working) and a tpm tower from cr signals for the depot area (working), plus a few 'street lights' (4d models, non working) and a double yard light from cr signals (working). platform lights will probably be street lights (non working).

2. pasting on the backscene. this is a cloudy sky backscene... need to paste it on without creases and bubbles...

tim

longbridge

Sliding sleepers under the rail joints of my newly laid track.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

port perran

Working on the scenic section at the rear of my layout.
Built up the hillside at the weekend.
Having waited for it to dry, I have just painted it varying shades of green/brown/greay.
Just taking a break before spreading various colours of fine scatter material (mainly 3 shades of green with some dry earth)  over the stil wet paint.
Tomorrow I will spread slightly diluted PVA over the scatter material to fix those bits which didn't stick to the paint.
At the weekend should be able to add bushes etc and will finally complete with Cornish hedging and trees.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

MattJ

Just got the outer loop complete and bus wired up!  Need to clean the track and sort out one or two fouling places where my 3MT intermittently derails.
They're there for their tea.

JonHarbour

I finally got some time this afternoon to work on my layout. I stuck a piece of spare Atlas code 55 track on the underside to use as a DCC bus and then soldered the droppers on one half of my first board of my layout to it. I can now play test the track on one half of this first board. Need more Atlas track to do the track bus on the other half of the board and the accessory bus on both halves as well. Tested it with four different locos and got the outcome I expected - they all ran okay!  :bounce: :claphappy:
Still planning a layout...

d-a-n

The 47 is still going round and round delivering the empties...

Caz

Finally made time to run in my BachFar 5MT, nice little runner and real slow under DCC, now need to fit it with some sound  :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

EtchedPixels

Currently attempting to get my desk full of half built projects under control.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Chetcombe

Building the Scalescenes Medium Station - love these kits!
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Fratton

Contemplating when i will find the time to start my scalescenes multi-story carpark, might sneak it into work tomorrow night :scowl:
Charlie.

martink

Starting on the signalling - bought the kits from CR signals, designed the control electronics and written the firmware, now about to build the signals and control board.

Caz

Mopping up the blood after the knife slipped whilst cutting polystyrene foam for the landscape around Bampton village, luckily it didn't drip onto the nice new buildings for the village I've been building for the past week, no more modelling today.   :-[
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%