what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

Fencing.. Lots of fencing... Do you realise how much wire and post fencing is used in the Highlands?

Fencing...

geofff

Quote from: The Q on November 07, 2022, 04:20:16 PM
Fencing.. Lots of fencing... Do you realise how much wire and post fencing is used in the Highlands?

Fencing...

Have you tried fitting it with arthritic fingers

Regards

The Q

My paws are heading that way, often wake with pain in them especially when rain is due.

Trainfish

Quote from: geofff on November 07, 2022, 05:00:29 PM

Fencing...

Regards

I think matchsticks would look better  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

The Q

Quote from: Trainfish on November 07, 2022, 11:43:37 PM
Quote from: geofff on November 07, 2022, 05:00:29 PM

Fencing...

Regards

I think matchsticks would look better  :thumbsup:
a standard match stick is  2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 57.2 mm so would scale to 1.25ft square... I use Square copper wire which scales to 3.6 inches a much better approximation of a fence post :P

Trainfish

I think either would be better than using arthritic fingers as fence posts and let's face it, you can only use so many of those before you run out  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Airfix 27 RA

Hi All.
I am very much in the same camp as Porkie, looking at dust.  I do run some trains.
Had an awful lot on this last year.
Work to do is mainly bits and bobs.
Old Hippies never die, we just float away.
Have a cup of tea.

AndyRA

Giving the trains a run this afternoon, and letting the new 28s loose.

If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

crewearpley40

Looking good the mk2s and 1s together, original freightliner stock. Plus the Manchester Pullman stock ! How did the 28 perform?

AndyRA

Quote from: crewearpley40 on December 13, 2022, 07:48:40 PM
Looking good the mk2s and 1s together, original freightliner stock. Plus the Manchester Pullman stock ! How did the 28 perform?

The 28s are going okay. I tried them individually on 30 Box Vans (Farish and Peco) and a Brake Van, no effort required to shift them. They handle my standard 12 coach rakes okay on their own even up the 1 in 70 gradients. I had seen that there had been a problem with the two axle bogie fouling the underframe pipework on curves, however my minimum radius curves are 16 inches, and I have no set-track points. So far, no derailment issues.
If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

crewearpley40

Thanks Andy that's encouraging regarding the two axle bogie fouling the pipework and this may help others experiencing issues.  Personally on my layout, not much as moving soon weather permitting

Southerngooner

Well I've just packed up for Xmas. I've a good last few days working on a set of four LMS suburban coaches from 3D prints, which are now coming together nicely. I've also sorted out the bogies on a couple of NGS wagons (Warwell and Warflat), moving the NEM pockets in a bit to make the wagon couple a little bit closer. I've also started work on @JimSan's Boosters (great models!), tidied up the modelling room, put up a wipe clean notice board and generally faffed. It's been lovely and relaxing, and there's been a good selection of music on Radio Dave too.

And now for Christmas..........I hope everyone has a good one!

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

Platy767

Approaching lunch on the 1st day at the MCG (Australia v South Africa 2nd test) and I have been listening to the radio while painting track on the layout in the garage. It has just hit 32 degrees heading for 33 in an hour, so that's me done for the day. Enough thinner and paint fumes and mozzie coil smells for the day.

I sprayed the track with Montana Gold "Basalt" and have been painting the sides of the rail with an old Humbrol Scenic Track Colour #173.

SA just lost Elgar, run out, and it's 3/58.

Hope everyone has had a safe and happy Christmas.

Oops, another one out. 4/58.

Mark

Bealman

Yeah, it's a bit warm here too. There's a breeze, but there's no way I could work out in the garage.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Platy767

Friday and it's very wet. I persevered on the course for 9 holes, when sanity prevailed and I went home. The cricket is in Sydney, so that's off for the day, so nothing on tv. I ventured into the garage to start BALLASTING. I managed to spread some very fine material around one side of about a foot of track and decided it wouldn't look right. I swept it away and went inside and watched some ballasting videos on Youtube. Phew, that was close!
Mark

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations