The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Quote from: Sprintex on September 24, 2015, 09:04:30 AM
Quote from: paulprice on September 24, 2015, 07:59:37 AM
NOBODY LIKES CONDENSED MILK,

Wrong! :P

It is an ingredient of many fudge recipes, it's essential to make Masala Chai, and I'm a LONG LONG way from my pension yet ;)

Paul

Fudge is for OLD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P

paulprice

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on September 24, 2015, 08:50:03 AM
I can understand that you are going to be a real fun guy if and when you get to be old!

I only wish I could be around but unfortunately by the time you are 70-80 I am likely to have been pushing up daisies for a long time! :D

Interesting piece of comedy writing, though!  Don't push your tongue into your cheek too hard!

Peter.

Peter I don't think I will reach old age........

As for comedy writing, its a snapshot of local notrthern life in the town I live, nearly as good as if I havd took a picture and posted it here, but god knows what the vision of up turned "grannies" flashing their trusses would do to some members (don't be rude I mean the chaps on here).........oh fetch me bucket I feel queasy  :-[

Sprintex

Quote from: paulprice on September 24, 2015, 09:53:22 AM

It is an ingredient of many fudge recipes, it's essential to make Masala Chai, and I'm a LONG LONG way from my pension yet ;)

Paul

Strange point of view given that the queue in fudge shops is usually mainly composed of kids ::)

Paul

paulprice

Quote from: Sprintex on September 24, 2015, 10:08:07 AM
Quote from: paulprice on September 24, 2015, 09:53:22 AM

Paul

Strange point of view given that the queue in fudge shops is usually mainly composed of kids ::)

Paul

They are just buying it for "coffin dodgers"

daveg

Made me laugh out loud, Paul! Kindly note absence of abbrev!  :P

Anyhoo, as one of probably several here that may have 'enjoyed' taking their state pension for a year or two, I am equally frustrated by older folk who:
have forgotten their manners, expect the door to be held open for them but fail to say thanks
Use their shopping devices as battering rams
reach across you as if you're invisible
park their (no blue badge) cars right on the corner/over the pavement so it's a danger to man and beast

Mind you, there seem to be plenty of 40 year-olds (and younger) that have similar tendencies. ;)

Ah well, all part of life's rich tapestry - which idiot actually said that first?

Dave G
PS: Hope the show goes well

Skyline2uk

I suppose all age groups have bad examples.

I personally have only been physically moved aside by an "older" person on one occasion (because I was enjoying a layout in the way of their camera  :confused1:) but that is nothing compared to behaviour I have seen of "young" people in pubs / clubs.

Life is full of challenges.

Skyline2uk

steve836

Quote from: Agrippa on September 24, 2015, 09:13:25 AM
I'll be first to ask , who/  what's Masala Chai ?

a   A  character in a kungfu movie

b   Some kind of jungle juice

c   A substitute for Copydex....

"Masala  chai" is Indian tea sweet and milky -- very like the sort of tea drunk by loco crew on steamers
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

paulprice

I have to go to work soon to fix a truck :'( I want to do my trains

daveg

Quote from: paulprice on September 27, 2015, 11:01:32 AM

Try and stay positive, PP!

Work usually = Cash
Cash usually/often = Trains.

But in my case:
Pension = trains, sometimes

Dave G

paulprice

Quote from: daveg on September 27, 2015, 07:14:47 PM

Work usually = Cash

But in my case:

Dave G

Work = salaried for 8 hours a day actually work 12-15 hours a day, weekends not included  :'(

Trainfish

Sounds like you work for the same company as me Paul. I too went in today, salaried etc etc. I do enjoy my job though, do you?  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daveg

Quote from: paulprice on September 27, 2015, 09:46:04 PM
Quote from: daveg on September 27, 2015, 07:14:47 PM

Work usually = Cash

But in my case:

Dave G

Work = salaried for 8 hours a day actually work 12-15 hours a day, weekends not included  :'(

Sympathies!

Did similar for a lot of years but decided to walk away a few years back.

Never regretted it but there are the obvious financial downsides.

Take it easy.

Dave G

paulprice

I know I am going to et moaned at, but as far as I am concerned a loco does not look like a loco unless its got a crew an lamps fitted.

Now I know fitting crews can be difficult and involves sometimes severe butchery, and fitting plans to loco's can restrict their duties on your layout, but its better than nothing???

The problem is it can be time consuming, MORE SO WEHN THEN  :censored: LITTLE BRILLIANCE CRYSTALS KEEP FALLING OUT OF THE LAMPS JUAST AFTER THEEY HAVE BEEN FITTED NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN............AAAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

steve836

Quote from: paulprice on September 28, 2015, 08:00:34 AM
I know I am going to et moaned at, but as far as I am concerned a loco does not look like a loco unless its got a crew an lamps fitted.

Now I know fitting crews can be difficult and involves sometimes severe butchery, and fitting plans to loco's can restrict their duties on your layout, but its better than nothing???

The problem is it can be time consuming, MORE SO WEHN THEN  :censored: LITTLE BRILLIANCE CRYSTALS KEEP FALLING OUT OF THE LAMPS JUAST AFTER THEEY HAVE BEEN FITTED NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN............AAAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Never mind, they'll probably turn up next time a loco fails to work! :veryangry:
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

paulprice

Quote from: steve836 on September 28, 2015, 08:13:44 AM
Quote from: paulprice on September 28, 2015, 08:00:34 AM

Never mind, they'll probably turn up next time a loco fails to work! :veryangry:

Don't get me started on that subject  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations