The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGP

Roger

You lucky devil!

It took me 5 days to get an appointment and that was for a week later.

That's despite turning up at reception with discharge from both ears.

Ray

Bealman

Didn't have any prob with the doc I talked about earlier.. his missus was the receptionist and she'd send you over the road to get him from his beer and the 2.15 running at Royal Randwick
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Trainfish on April 09, 2014, 01:25:27 AM
Did they prepare the prescriptions in the pub too?  :beers:

When I fell off a horse in Australia the doctor poked and prodded me, decided nothing was broken but that I'd dome various bits of muscle damage. He then said a muscle relaxant would help. His words were something close to "I can give you this but you can't drink, or beer is a good muscle relaxant ", and he sent me off to drink beer.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Trainfish

Quote from: Oldun on April 10, 2014, 10:53:08 AM
I must lead a charmed life given the last few comments  :D

Our local doctors goes under the heading 'Medical Centre' and has 10 doctors
in total, all on one site. There are three receptionists + an onsite pharmacy :thumbsup:

Never yet had a problem with booking an appointment and on the one occasion
I had to ask for a home visit, the doctor arrived within 20 minutes  :admiration:

Roger

Not a GP visit but 2 years ago my wife called for an ambulance for me after an alcohol induced trip down the stairs and the first responder was ringing the doorbell within 30 seconds, she was still on the phone! Turns out he had just finished a callout next door  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Oldun

Have you seen the latest EU idea sticking its nose where its not wanted  >:(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2601201/UK-number-plates-axed-EU-Proposals-common-colours-ID-tags-vehicles-tracked-condemned-critics.html

They can stick that where the sun don't shine  ::)

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Oldun on April 10, 2014, 02:35:58 PM
Have you seen the latest EU idea sticking its nose where its not wanted  >:(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2601201/UK-number-plates-axed-EU-Proposals-common-colours-ID-tags-vehicles-tracked-condemned-critics.html

They can stick that where the sun don't shine  ::)

Roger

Just another crackpot idea from some foreign faceless MEP trying to justify his position.
If our lot (regardless of party) roll over on this I'll be very surprised/mortified :censored:

Caz

The problem with the UK is that it takes everything very seriously and is the only member state to rigidly adhere to all those silly rules.  Here in Spain, they smile and carry on with the way they've done things for years, similar in France, only use the rules they like and totally ignore the others.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Calnefoxile

I know, why don't we negotiate on this proposal, let's go in with "We'll agree to implement the unification on Number Plates, if you agree that all vehicles to be made right hand drive, therefore enabling the free movement of vehicles between the UK and Europe safely."

How's that for a starter  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Cheers

Neal.

Caz

:laughabovepost:    :laughabovepost:    :laughabovepost:

The pigs that just flew over here should be visible in the UK real soon.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

red_death

Now that really makes me angry...

The "EU" has proposed nothing of the sort - even according to the article from the Mail (which I wouldn't exactly trust with accurate reporting) what it says is that a Dutch MEP (ie not the same as the EU) has proposed common standards for nameplates.

They already exist in many countries anyway.

As for the idea that it is only the UK which applies EU law, that just patently isn't true...

Please note this is not about politics, but about accurate reporting!

Kipper

Some EU twerp on the telly this morning, saying how wonderful inland wind turbines are, and we naughty Brits should not be complaining about them. Just happened to represent the inland wind turbine farm lobby!

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Kipper on April 11, 2014, 08:57:01 PM
Some EU twerp on the telly this morning, saying how wonderful inland wind turbines are

They are wonderful things, just as neat as the windmills of old.

Tomytec make one for N gauge withif you'd like to model it  including a rather bizarre version which is solar powered !!

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Michael Hendle

Hi
It wasn't the EU this time, it was the United Nations comittee on climate change,the meeting was at Geneva,saying the world has got to invest in solar farms and wind farms,and less use of fossil fuels especially brown coal
Mike

Caz

I have split the information about printing onto OHP transparency film into a separate topic as it is an interesting subject in its own right, see http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=20973.0
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

kevin141

When wiring even following  color coded do you nearly always get a couple back to front
kevin141
Good dinner

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations