The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionwing

Christmas...pah...I'm truly appreciative that my better half takes care of organising the whole thing but there is no need to be telling everyone how many weeks or days it is...argh...!
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

Sprintex

Well I'm looking forward to it if no-one else is :)

In fact, I've already started my christmas shopping :D

Paul

lionwing

Odd fact...

The Happy Thread has half as many posts as The Angry Thread..

:confused2:
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

AndyGif

hey what can I say, vast majority of us on the forum are british,  we love to moan..... (the weather, econonmy, politics......)
And say nothing when we're happy incase someone moans about..... :confused2:

H

Quote from: AndyGif on May 30, 2013, 09:25:24 AM

hey what can I say, vast majority of us on the forum are british,  we love to moan..... (the weather, econonmy, politics......) And say nothing when we're happy incase someone moans about.....

and most people aren't happy unless they've got something to moan about.  :D

But oddy enough apparently we are now the 10th most happy nation.

H.

EddieA

Quote from: Sprintex on May 30, 2013, 08:21:05 AM

Paul

Oh dear. I never thought that the simple mention of the humble brussell sprout would cause such a reaction  :dunce:

"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

Newportnobby

Quote from: EddieA on May 30, 2013, 06:14:23 PM

Paul

Oh dear. I never thought that the simple mention of the humble brussell sprout would cause such a reaction  :dunce:

Brussel sprouts always cause a reaction :-[

Malc

Any brassica in fact! :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on May 30, 2013, 07:40:05 PM
Quote from: EddieA on May 30, 2013, 06:14:23 PM

Paul

Brussel sprouts always cause a reaction :-[

:moony: :toot:

Paul

Trainfish

Paul

I finished mine 3 years ago when I got married. How does the saying go? You don't have a dog and bark yourself  :P
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on May 31, 2013, 01:56:31 AM

Paul

I finished mine 3 years ago when I got married. How does the saying go? You don't have a dog and bark yourself  :P

might be a good idea to get the biscuits ready before she reads that  :worried:

Sprintex

Quote from: Trainfish on May 31, 2013, 01:56:31 AM

Paul

:no:

We shop separately for our own families, plus I love it anyway :D

Paul

Tank

I was out in the garden last night and I noticed that some of the brick wall of the house was green.  After inspecting inside the house today it seems that the 'new' bath tap had been leaking for about six months, dripping onto the waste pipe and travelling into the cavity wall where it's been soaking into the brickwork. :(  The cement is as soft as a bag of sugar - about 1 metre wide by three metres. ::)

I tried calling the plumber who fitted it but it went straight to answerphone, so he must be on holiday or out for the day.  So, I fixed the leak myself.  Then I discovered that the bath waste was dripping. :'(  I started to lightly tighten the screw, and the cheap plastic bracket broke. :thumbsdown:  No baths and showers for us tonight, and a trip to B&Q tomorrow.

scotsoft

If I dare mention there is a bright side to your leaks  :help:, once you get them stopped at least we are having warmer weather so hopefully it will dry out quickly  :thumbsup:

NeMo

You have my sympathies! A few weeks back -- when we had rather a cold snap -- the power went out, and it was almost a day and a half before things were working again. No electricity meant no heating save the coal fireplace, and showers were limited to horrible cold things I never want to repeat again!!!

Even further back, last year in fact, a minor tweak to my central heating (the fitting of thermostatic valves to half a dozen radiators) ended up with me entire central heating system being worked upon across ten days, albeit not consecutive days. Rewiring, fixes to the overflow tank, boiler pumps and circuit boards. In the end cost a bit over £800. Money well spent to be fair -- my central heating had not been working properly for years, and my DIY skills with pumps and wiring is adequate to get things working again, but not exactly textbook safe!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations