The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Quote from: themadhippy on May 11, 2020, 05:01:08 PM
QuoteProceeded to the till where I had to put my items on the checkout desk, the young lady then picked them up (no gloves) to scan them and I had to put them back in the trolley to take to the car. So basically if I had the dreaded COVID-19 then she now probably has it and if she had it already then I probably have it too along with anyone else who was served by her.
And how would wearing gloves helped?watch the cashiers and see how many change or clean there gloves between customers,then compare with those not wearing gloves.all gloves achieve is to give the wearer a false sense of security and pose a bigger risk of virus tranfer to others

Gloves would help if sanitised between each use like her colleague handing out the trollies was doing. It's all down to reducing the risk as it is damn near impossible to remove the risk completely.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

joe cassidy

Quote from: daffy on May 11, 2020, 05:13:44 PM
Frankly, it's rather frightening to see just how easily this virus could spread, as face touching is evidently endemic!

I reckon beardies are more at risk as beard stroking is even more difficult to resist than face touching :)

daffy

Quote from: joe cassidy on May 12, 2020, 11:25:58 AM
Quote from: daffy on May 11, 2020, 05:13:44 PM
Frankly, it's rather frightening to see just how easily this virus could spread, as face touching is evidently endemic!

I reckon beardies are more at risk as beard stroking is even more difficult to resist than face touching :)

Yes, I do find that folks keep wanting to stroke my beard, so my face mask helps stop that happening too. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

tutenkhamunsleeping

dannyboy

There needs to be a determined effort to find the person who did this and charge him with manslaughter, (unfortunately he can not be charged with murder).  >:(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

TrevL

Quote from: dannyboy on May 12, 2020, 01:42:38 PM
There needs to be a determined effort to find the person who did this and charge him with manslaughter, (unfortunately he can not be charged with murder).  >:(

Why not, you can't accidently spit on someone.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Portpatrick

Quote from: daffy on May 11, 2020, 06:13:15 PM
Quote from: themadhippy on May 11, 2020, 06:04:03 PM
Quotewhen I go out for essentials. I put them on with mask,  then leave the car get the shopping. Return, carefully take off,  put mask and gloves on the dash,  so when I need them next they will be safe to use again
so no cleaning of gloves between use?luvley surface for bugs to live before you smear them somewere else

I wear a washable mask for our weekly trip to Asda and wask it every time.  I still have a quantity of the Hibiscrub I was told to use to shower and wash hair  in the 5 days leading up to brain surgery last Feb.   Seems sensible to wash the mask using that as I have it.

stevewalker

It doesn't matter, manslaughter can carry the same life sentence as murder if the circumstances warrant it and in this case, it was clearly a deliberate action, the possible consequences of which would have been clear, unlike much more arguable cases of negligence.

honestjudge

You have to ask the question about the persons mental state. It's not a normal thing to do.

Portpatrick

I see that the prosecution would need to be alive to a possible mental state argument, but surely it is for the defence to actually present the evidence for that.

rob_au

Flex-track and long, sharp curves ... I hate it!
Layouts under Construction

railsquid

Police question suspect over London rail worker's coronavirus death

Portpatrick

crewearpley40

Let's see what the outcome is .... feel for this lady ' s family and her. Had a look back at #6407 ,john trainfish ,'s post.annoyed with Tesco myself. Went to local , I have to work safety critical railways, key worker, silly woman wiping the trolleys, baskets . She wore no gloves, I asked why and offered her a pair as I'm carrying a box  . I had mine on. She was waiting a manager to fetch some  did he have no gloves. I politely explained I had a shift up do. It was not a manager some rude arrogant bloke. He would not let me in for 15 minutes. I asked politely why he had no gloves, she was waiting for me to replenish her supply. Disorganised or what ? Use hand sanitised stuff she had just moved with bare hands. No way. I had gloves on. Eventually allowed in and did not wish to use sanitizer. Why if assistant had squirted some or it was electric device but then he the do called assistant manager got grumpy. Sorry? I had a discussion over this. I wont repeat what he said. I filled a basket. Went to pay card only. Checkout staff glad he was polite. Do i want to shop in tesco again ? Late to catch the train in so I could do my shift. Was not happy. Think I'm.sticking to the polite friendly Mark's spencers

lil chris

Beware of using company's like "Easy Life" they send catalogues through doors for lifestyle products. I have bought a few items off this company over the years with no problems. On the first of May they were advertising some face masks and sanitiser at not too bad a price. I placed a order and I paid by PayPal, I have still not received the goods all messages have been ignored. Trying to ring the customer service was a waste of time with over a hundred customers in the queue before me and over a hours waiting time. Since then I have taken up the issue with PayPal sending a message through their site, still no reply, I then pressed for further action with PayPal so it is in there hands now. On Saturday they replied to my first e mail saying they were sending the goods so 18 days later we shall see what happens.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations