Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnlambert

Can't believe I missed this in the package I was sent.  A lovely, Graham Farish open wagon.

jivebunny

It has to be said, those Dapol panniers are lovely little things.

Continuing John's wagon theme, albeit in a different era, I spotted these two on eBay and just had to have them for Chester General . All I need now is a railfreight 31, an RNA barrier wagon and a generic 20T brake van to go with them.

JB

Westbury

My new purchases for this month...

[smg id=21251 type=preview align=center caption="New2015Feb"]

Farish Class 60 with the Transrail livery from Buffers plus 5 PCA metalair bulk powder wagons from Hattons. Keeping this one DC to run on my Kato track layout.

Dapol 57xx in late crest (DCC) plus Farish brake van from my local model shop and the ICI wagon was a freebie from Dapol to all go on my main era 5 layout.

Trainfish

BR blue through and through, that's me.

So, I bought this the other day. Tell me, is it correct that just 1 lower front light and the upper front light is lit going forward? There is a switch underneath which swaps from right to left. I have no idea why this would be and am not too worried but just wondered.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Busybee

The switch changes the lights to daytime or night running.

Dr Al

Quote from: Trainfish on February 12, 2015, 01:42:52 AM
Tell me, is it correct that just 1 lower front light and the upper front light is lit going forward?

Yes. The da/night switch just varies which side of the lower lights are on, left or right.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Bob Tidbury

I think your picture shows daytime running the other side is nighttime as that's the side the driver sits.
But I might be wrong .
Bob

Trainfish

Well, you learn something new every day they say and I certainly have done today. I don't understand the need to swap though, just leave the lights at night setting surely? Maybe someone can point me towards the reasons for this.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Yeah, come on, wake up Mick. He ordered the first lot 3 years ago and he has now ordered 2012 of the other type. That's some rake!
John

<*))))><

railsquid

Not quite sure why I bought this, but it was going cheap and you never know when you might need a Lima MK1 coach urgently.

austinbob

Just received A3 Bayardo from Dapol - February special at £70 a real bargain.
Worked straight out of box and runs well. Have oiled motion and ready to watch it run in for a couple of hours on my test track with a glass of wine!!
[smg id=21592 type=preview align=center caption="A3 Bayardo"]
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

jivebunny

Very nice  :thumbsup:
Quote from: austinbob on February 14, 2015, 05:13:15 PM
with a glass of wine
Soon you'll have two A3s  :D

As for me, well I seem to keep giving in to stuff in the wrong scale.

JB

zwilnik

Quote from: jivebunny on February 14, 2015, 05:25:33 PM
Very nice  :thumbsup:
Quote from: austinbob on February 14, 2015, 05:13:15 PM
with a glass of wine
Soon you'll have two A3s  :D

As for me, well I seem to keep giving in to stuff in the wrong scale.

JB

and RTR Rocket in N gauge would be an immediate impulse buy for a lot of modellers I think :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations