Another ficticious Minitrix wagon??

Started by Newportnobby, April 30, 2024, 12:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Popped over to see a friend and his layout this morning, and spotted this in his fiddle yard.
Is this another Trix work of fiction or did it indeed exist please? A twin bogie hopper wagon?

zwilnik

I've got one floating around somewhere. I believe they're a continental wagon re-branded to BR as a 'near enough' for a train set livery :)

SD35

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 30, 2024, 12:41:17 PMPopped over to see a friend and his layout this morning, and spotted this in his fiddle yard.
Is this another Trix work of fiction or did it indeed exist please? A twin bogie hopper wagon?

A German prototype although a pre-teen SD35 had no problem running three of them with some brown DB Fleischman examples which were much more fun as they had small catches on the side which opened the bottom chutes.

Despite being bogie wagons they were cheaper than minitrix HAAs back in the day which seemed to be relatively expensive compared to everything else at the time.

Newportnobby

Thanks, Chaps.
Looks like another wagon branded for UK from the continent, a bit like the bogied 'Ford' wagons another friend is very fond of :hmmm:

msr

I believe this was a Minitrix N506. I bought two from Gee Dee of Nottingham secondhand for £10 each in 1999 whereas the Minitrix HAA was around £6 at the same time.

I've just spotted one on eBay: 364806858540

Jollybob

I quite like these wagons, they look quirky. I'd just think of them as ferry wagons and that would be my justification.

GlenEglise

:laugh3:

I thought everyone had at least one of these!

GE

crewearpley40

Indeed A bogie ballast wagon

Minitrix N506

The trovestar data.com

https://www.trovestar.com/catalog/4/items?Brand=Minitrix

Shows it also catalogue 517 as msr points out and
509 mick points out. Ford bogie covered van

Yeovil

Hi,

The livery is ficticious but the wagon is not  :no: . It is a Dgw 266 built from 1953 for DB by Talbot works, Aachen, Germany. But yes, nowhere near a Walrus or such...

Cheers, Frank

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations