The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

Quote from: crewearpley40 on May 18, 2020, 05:12:32 PM
I share your frustration and anger..sorry trying to be helpful. Wish you well and venting.

thanks  :thumbsup:

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: class37025 on May 18, 2020, 04:26:38 PM
anyone else being ******* about by paypal ?

It's a random anti-customer thing that's happened to me twice now, which is why I barely use Paypal these days.  Their loss ::)

themadhippy

Quotenow they've 'limited' my account, so I can't pay anyone, order/ pay for anything, or basically do anything else.

Have they? did the email look something like

QuoteYour PayPal account is temporarily limited.

We're sending you a copy of our Account Error Resolution Notice to provide helpful information if you have a billing error or unauthorized transaction on your PayPal account. Because of this, we've limited your accounts and can no longer offer our services to you until we confirm your account. You'll still be able to log in to view history, but you won't be able send or receive payment.
or was it
QuoteYour account has been limited.
Hello, Customer

We've limited your account

After a recent review of your account activity, we've determined you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Please log in to confirm your identity and review all your recent activity

You can find the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.
or another of dozen or so that are doing the rounds,those 2 arrived today.Just checked and my account is working fine.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

forwarded the initial e-mail to Paypal security, and heard no more.

now, signed in to my paypal acct on Paypal site, still getting all this agro,
so as far as I am concerned, IT'S PAY-PAL that's giving me grief.

guest311

so ...

it's 19:29 ...

I contacted Paypal at 14:19 ...

and apart from a series of messages [4 in total]

Our agent will respond to your message within 1 hour.

nothing else.

says something, IMHO, about Paypal and it's concerns for their customers.

nothing good, mind you.

MarshLane

Quote from: class37025 on May 18, 2020, 04:26:38 PM
anyone else being ******* about by paypal ?

they have my name
they have my address
they have my bank details
they have my credit card details

now they've 'limited' my account, so I can't pay anyone, order/ pay for anything, or basically do anything else.

don't have a phone number any more - 'message us' waste of  :censored: time

over two hours later still waiting for a response, meanwhile I need to order from BPM and send some cash to a mate.

of course, money can still be paid into my acct, I just can't access it, so I assume they get the interest.

:censored: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Hi Alan,
The limiting of an account happens when you've received more than a specific amount of money, usually in four figures, but I cannot remember exactly what it is.  I went through that process a few years ago - usually what happens is they do checks to ensure that nobody is laundering money through it.  My argument at the time was that the banks don't do that, so why do Paypal - the response from the customer agent, which I actually now think in the world that we live was quite accurate, was that the banking system provides a lot more traceability than Paypal, so they take the risk up to a certain level, but don't go above it.

With PayPal anyone can start an account with just an email address, the only other thing they have to link is an IP (which without a court order demanding the ISP release details, which is difficult to get) is fairly limited in its use.  With the banks, the last time I opened an account, they wanted to see two household bills in my name, with my address on, plus photo ID with the address, of which they held a copy.

I seem to recall they put a restriction on my account for six months, that meant while the money was mine, 60% of the income each day was held for 90 days, after which it was released and could be withdrawn.  I didn't have a problem with that, but others (rightly or wrongly) may do.  Certainly worth querying with them tho. 

I suspect the phone number has been removed at the current time, because of the issues of staff in call centres.

Goto https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us - and enter account limiting in the search. I went to the second option "Why my account may be limited" and got an explanation of things.  It is frustrating when things don't work as they should or when companies take longer to reply, but in the current climate (and no disrespect intended here) I think patience and approaching it calmly will get you a long way.

Rich

Trainfish

Glad I don't work for Paypal at the moment or Alan @class37025 wouldn't have posted the Ford pallet vans to me which my wife picked up today from the local sorting office. She had to get up early on her day off though as they've cut their hours to 07:00 - 09:00 (but we may close 30mins early). Serves her right for not picking them up Saturday really  :smiley-laughing:

Thanks again Alan, PM sent and I'll post a thanks thingy on here if I can remember where it is  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

gc4946

I checked just in case I received such a message and it was spam, fortunately I received no emails purporting from Paypal and my recent transactions involving them are OK
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

guest311

now over 7 1/2 hours since first 'message' to their so called customer service department, and five messages saying they would get back to me 'within 1 hour'  :veryangry:

needless to say nothing heard, and now calls by phone say offices closed  :'(

how the hell do you deal with a firm that doesn't speak to its customers ?

haven't clicked on any links, logged on to their website and all done through that, in theory.

crewearpley40

Keep a record of all dealings, rest tonight and try tomorrow.

guest311

update :

apart from this last night

from me
9:38 PM
now over 7 hours

from them
Our agent will respond to your message in 8 minute(s).

nothing has happened.
so, although I have other things to do today, it looks as though today, like yesterday, will be spent trying to sort this out.  :veryangry:

crewearpley40

Keep calm. It's frustrating. I'm still waiting for a response and not bothering to reply to an organisation though they could do better. Customer is always king

guest311

not according to Paypal, by the look of it.

done the round of phone numbers again this morning, still not connecting to any humans.
over 18 hrs and no response to their message system,

beginning to think they have all gone home and left the computer turned on  :'(

exmouthcraig

Maybe their all having a whip round for your birthday  :D

dannyboy

It would be a nice present if you could get it sorted out. Happy Birthday Alan.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations