Hornby looking for ideas for more British N

Started by Michael Shillabeer, February 20, 2015, 06:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penncalco

It might de a good idea if Hornby asked OO gauge modellers what they wanted instead of knocking out an endless stream of Flying Scotsmans and Mallards.

Having said that maybe an improved remake of the steam and diesel models that were made under the Hornby Minitrix brand might be a good place to start.
David

Mr chapman

Quote from: Mr chapman on February 20, 2015, 09:56:17 PM
I'd love them to shrink the 2BIL, 2NOL, M7 or king Arthur. Some early southern stock would be most welcome.
HOWEVER...
I think the most sensible choice if I was running things would be an LMS, LNER or GWR loco. The more layouts with Hornby products on the better for future models in our preferred regions. We all need to share to start with :)
Then we can become tribal later  :D

OK, just been there and its a southern landslide. Sod being nice, Southern avengers assemble!
DCC southern modeller

Dorsetmike

Quote from: austinbob on February 20, 2015, 10:13:57 PM
Quote from: Zakalwe on February 20, 2015, 10:05:22 PM
something iconic like a pendolino?

oh...wait.....

Nahh! bring on the steam stuff!!
:beers:

Zackly, save oil, bring back steam!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

scruff

I've just been over and sorted them out!
They seemed short of idea's!

Cheers
Mark

MalcolmInN

BudgieJane

Best wishes

Jane

Elvinley

Did you notice in that email the incorrect price of £119 per set? - if only.

red_death

Anyone who suggests a Pendolino gets struck off! No seriously some sensible ideas which I hope hornby take up. I guess they will go for something reasonably big ticket.

Cheers Mike

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Elvinley on February 21, 2015, 12:25:21 AM
Yep, on the web page as well  !
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=26386.msg285923#msg285923
and see AustinBob's reply :)

Sadly the shopping basket did not maintain the illusion :(

Trainfish

I have politely asked them if they will honour the email which I received. I'll let you know the answer  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

cornish yorkie

Hats off to Hornby Arnold, and more of this please.
I would love to see the full APT-P or any modern EMU or DMU. just been over their with my thoughts.
  Regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Cookiedude13

Being from east anglia I'd love to see some of the units that aren't available in any gauge rtr such as the 365 or 321. As previously mentioned an adelante would be excellent as well.

Dorsetmike

Had  look at the posts to date, surprised and glad to see a number of requests for SR items particularly steamers like Nelson and Arthur.

I also note a few requests for Flying Scotsman and other locos which are already available from other manufacturers, surely we need something new, not more versions of same old, same old. We don't really need iconic all the time the mundane 4-4-0 and 0-6-0 are sadly lacking, apart from Union Mills. There were far more of them than larger types on the real railways.

For the benefit of Hacker and Bashem Ltd a 4-4-2 and maybe 0-4-2 would be welcome. Also why must just about every loco produced be a type which survived into BR days.

I suspect almost a Catch 22 situation, they don't make them cos almost nobody models pre BR/ nobody models pre BR cos there's almost no stock made.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Mr chapman

Quote from: MalcolmAL on February 21, 2015, 12:41:05 AM
Quote from: Elvinley on February 21, 2015, 12:25:21 AM
Yep, on the web page as well  !
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=26386.msg285923#msg285923
and see AustinBob's reply :)

Sadly the shopping basket did not maintain the illusion :(

If you read the email that's the reduced price if you order both. One unit still costs £199. If you order both at the same time you save £50 and the price drops to that stated. Still... If they do honour it be sure to let us know  :thankyousign:
DCC southern modeller

Roy L S

Quote from: Dorsetmike on February 21, 2015, 11:10:44 AM
Also why must just about every loco produced be a type which survived into BR days.

I suspect almost a Catch 22 situation, they don't make them cos almost nobody models pre BR/ nobody models pre BR cos there's almost no stock made.

Hi Mike

I appreciate that there is some interest in pre-BR, no question of that, but I strongly suspect insufficient to risk tooling for a model which would not cover the all important steam/diesel transition period.

To make a business case they would have to be able to demonstrate a market for several thousand units and as risk free as possible. That means BR liveries is a "must" I think.

Regards

Roy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations