RIP George Michael

Started by Colin Bradshaw, December 25, 2016, 11:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Bradshaw

Another talented musician/singer taken in 2016.

Didn't care much for his work in Wham but quite liked some of his solo work. Also took on the record companies which I admired him for

RIP George Michael 1963 -2016

Sprintex

The 80s were my teenage years so Wham was part of my growing-up. Not that I liked all their stuff but some good songs in there, and musical taste aside he was a talented songwriter. RIP Georgios  :(

Paul

marco neri

I did not like Wham and after George Michael songs....but without dubs is a very unfortunately period for music world generally..
Really his last Christmas...R.I.P. George

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

railsquid

Bealman

Yeah, I was never a big fan, but there can be no doubt he had a successful career.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chetcombe

2016 strikes again, another sad loss for the music world
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Newportnobby

There's still 6 days of this year to run (gulp) :worried:
53 is too young an age to be taken :(

Mr Sprue

:censored: hell 2016 has to got be the year of the grim reaper and it isn't over yet!!!  :goggleeyes:  Whos going to be next before the weeks out?  :uneasy:

The missus liked him, took her to a couple of his concerts the last was at Earls Court, his live singing sounded as good as his recordings. Shame to see 2016 claim another talent!  :(

RIP George

Karhedron

Quote from: Mr Sprue on December 26, 2016, 09:27:57 AM
:censored: hell 2016 has to got be the year of the grim reaper and it isn't over yet!!!  :goggleeyes:  Whos going to be next before the weeks out?  :uneasy:

Apparently the correct answers are Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Liz Smith (Mrs Cropley from the Vicar of Dibbly and Nanna from the Royal Family) and Richards Adams (author of Watership Down).  :'(

2016 it seems is not going out without a fight.  :veryangry2:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Karhedron on December 27, 2016, 08:23:39 PM

Apparently the correct answers are Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Liz Smith (Mrs Cropley from the Vicar of Dibbly and Nanna from the Royal Family) and Richards Adams (author of Watership Down).  :'(

M8 now I'm getting really worried about going to bed tonight!!  :worried: :uneasy:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mr Sprue on December 27, 2016, 09:22:39 PM

M8 now I'm getting really worried about going to bed tonight!!  :worried: :uneasy:

Will the last one out please turn off the lights and lock the door? :worried:

Mr Sprue

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on December 27, 2016, 09:25:46 PM

Last night I turned off all the lights but took the key up to bed with me.

Happy to report I am able to unlock the door (again) this morning.

My thoughts are with all those who have lost someone special during 2016. and wish that the New Year will be a happier time.

A little early but:

All the best for 2017 and thanks for your company!

Dave G

Mr Sprue

Quote from: daveg on December 28, 2016, 07:08:44 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on December 27, 2016, 09:25:46 PM

Last night I turned off all the lights but took the key up to bed with me.

Happy to report I am able to unlock the door (again) this morning.

My thoughts are with all those who have lost someone special during 2016. and wish that the New Year will be a happier time.

A little early but:

All the best for 2017 and thanks for your company!

Dave G

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!  :claphappy: 

I second that Dave, all the best for the countdown to the New Year......And best of luck, only three more days to go!  :uneasy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations