Question on Dapol / Farish coach differences

Started by Airfix 27 RA, December 05, 2020, 11:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix 27 RA

Quote from: Bealman on December 05, 2020, 11:05:02 PM
I'd like to see the jigsaw puzzles!  ;)

Pm sent with pics, all severn of them.
Stuart
Old Hippies never die, we just float away.
Have a cup of tea.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

I think you should show all severn of them on here  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Airfix 27 RA

Quote from: Trainfish on December 06, 2020, 01:03:30 PM
I think you should show all severn of them on here  :thumbsup:

OK here goes.  As one can just about see, making model kits, is actually my main hobby.
Model railways are not, that is why my knowledge on the subject is very limited.  I only
started playing with trains, to make a change from just building a model and then for it
to lie around doing nothing, the one exception is the radio controlled boat.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at these pics.  The kits you can see are only a small part of my collection,
I have have approx. half a wardrobe full of kits waiting to be built   Some of the models are also in other
rooms of the house. yes, senior management even allowed me to display two models of American trucks
in the living room!!  Stuart
Have a cup of tea.

Trainfish

I love them Stuart, best wallpaper I've ever seen. It looks like you have a great setup in that room  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Airfix 27 RA

Quote from: Trainfish on December 06, 2020, 01:33:42 PM
I love them Stuart, best wallpaper I've ever seen. It looks like you have a great setup in that room  :thumbsup:

Just seen your layout for first time.  WOW really cool man! I think you have a really great set up yourself.
I like the music, what do you think about King Crimson, Yes, Atomic Rooster etc.
I noticed on the camping bit, a Deutsche Post VW Kaefer on a camping holiday in England.
How did he/she get that one past his/her boss?
I noticed you are partial to a few models as well, keep it up man.
Stuart
Have a cup of tea.

Trainfish

My loft room isn't huge but a good size for N gauge. Wallpaper isn't as good as yours though.
As for the music I have quite a varied taste and yes (no pun intended), I like all of those you mention and many many more. You will notice that 99% of the time you will hear Floyd on my videos though.
I take it you mean the yellow Beetle? I have no idea how it got there but it obviously slipped through customs somehow. It also slipped through my spreadsheet as I can't see it on there anywhere. Most of my vehicles are from Oxford (diecast) and listed in my spreadsheet but it doesn't seem to be there. Maybe it's not an OD model, I'll need to check next time I'm in the loft.
I don't really build models though. The planes in the flying museum are all diecast and bought as you see them. Generally they are 1:144 and work well on the layout. I need a couple more, a Harrier and a Red Arrow Hawk ideally but they're not easy to find ready built. I'm in no hurry though.

Back on topic, I struggle with mk1 and mk2 coaches too. I generally say that if they have knobbly bits on the roof then they're mk1. If the roof is smooth then they're mk2. I don't think this is strictly true but as I generally model the blue/grey era it works for me. I struggled with mk3 v mk4 until the other day too. I believe the main difference there is slam doors on the mk3 and push button on the mk4, I may be wrong though.
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations