Lyddle End Platform Ramps

Started by Platothedog, May 07, 2014, 12:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Platothedog

I haven't had much success in finding Lyddle End Platform end ramps (N8007) to go with my platforms. I wonder if  Graham Farish Scenecraft Platform Ramps are compatible or any other ramp? I don't want to change my platforms. If anyone has a spare set get in touch.

Platothedog

Kipper

He has got curved station sections too! Been looking for ages for some of those, and redesigned my layout to accommodate straight sections instead.  :'(

Platothedog

Searched ebay for these but no luck.  Previous link shows the ones i want but they are part of a collection.

Paddy

Have you looked on Hornby's web site?  They had some Lyddle End items available.

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

EtchedPixels

I've got a few of the black ramps in a box of stuff I acquired a while back, also various other lyddle end bits and pieces of platform and related stuff (steps etc). None of the pointy ramps though - although those are a trainset fiction for the most part. Real stations almost never had such ends!

I've also got *one* of the larger curved sections.

These are of course *rare* *collectable* blah blah  :worried: (just kidding), but if anyone is short a few bits of Lyddle End platform drop me a PM and we'll sort something out

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

1936ace

Hattons have a few hornby lyddle end items for sale under their second hand section and there was a platform set there when I was looking two nights ago
Hope this helps
Shame I had a full station set I was trying to get rid of back in January for A$5/set
Bart

Platothedog

Sent my lyddle end 1st radius platform back to the shop.  I've juggled around with lyddle end ramp extensions which does the job[smg id=12235 type=preview align=center caption="Ramp Extensions"]

Richey1977

Ah.  I had a few of these, but I got rid of them a month ago.  I was a bit disappointed when they came - I found they weren't very well moulded, and they didn't fit together very well.

Worth noting that the Lyddle End curved platforms are designed to be compatible with (I think) Arnold track, which has different radii to the UK types, so there won't be great fit if you're using Peco track.

I bought Graham Farish platforms in the end.  Cheaper and closer to what I wanted.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations